Since: Jun 2010
PokerStars Tournament #772064773, No Limit Hold'em
Freeroll Super Satellite
18469 players
Target Tournament #772064428
50 tickets to the target tournament

Tournament started 2013/09/07 18:00:00 ET

Dear Grade b,

You finished the tournament in 1st place.

This qualifies you for a seat in Tournament #772064428. A ticket to this tournament was issued in your name. You can use this ticket to register. See Tournament #772064428 Lobby for further details.

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Sep 07, 2013, 09:53 PM
(#2)
Since: Apr 2011
Have no clue what the ticket is for, but good luck with it. Outlasting more than 99.7% of a field is a herculean feat!

Old
Sun Sep 08, 2013, 01:25 AM
(#3)
Since: Mar 2011
wow and how ?
I suck at turbo so any tips please?

Ive tried a lot of these around 10 and best i think i veer done was around 125th ish bu t usually 4000

good luck and run good in the finals they turbo again and I can assure you a lot of loos eplayers have already made it thru from remembering my attempts

Old
Sun Sep 08, 2013, 11:35 AM
(#4)
Since: Apr 2013
The WCOOP final freeroll right?
Played around 10 so far and my best result was 300ish, they are insanely hard to place. Well Done!

Old
Sun Sep 08, 2013, 01:05 PM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo834 View Post
wow and how ?
I suck at turbo so any tips please?

Ive tried a lot of these around 10 and best i think i veer done was around 125th ish bu t usually 4000

good luck and run good in the finals they turbo again and I can assure you a lot of loos eplayers have already made it thru from remembering my attempts
Insane good luck.

No in reality I have played 10 or so too, I generally play tight but I'm happy to put my money in for a flip against the hideously bad players. (this is the complete opposite of my Open skill League play)

As they are flips (even if you are favorite) you are going out in several, then When I have a nice lead 4500+ in first few levels I try to tighten up.

In this particular game I got 125000 chips 4th at the time) with around 1200 players left Then i went in to complete clocking nit mode even tighter than the tightest player you can think of(hi Arty). I calculated that the average amount of chips needed to be 50th was 550000 However I didnt play a hand till I was 112th of 130.

I did play around 4 hands 3 times i got all in (dang) with best hand and it held, 1 time i got the walk, and once (the first) I got it in bad but lucked out.

It took 3 hours and i actually started the next one and was playing both for an hour.

recap

it takes
Luck
Tight/good play
Luck
good situation play
Luck

I think I finished in 23rd but with 300 to go You could see big stacks going up against each other and its bye, woohoo i moved up a spot.

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Sep 08, 2013, 01:08 PM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Affluenza View Post
The WCOOP final freeroll right?
Played around 10 so far and my best result was 300ish, they are insanely hard to place. Well Done!

Yes it is the WCOOP final freeroll and thank you.

I just need to remember to play it.

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Sep 08, 2013, 08:22 PM
(#7)
Since: Mar 2011
ohh thanks for the tips

I htinkim missing some Luck maybe and definitely well possibly the good situation play

In the one i did best in i once had 94000 chips which sound s alot but blinds were insanely high so you couldnt rest on yourlaurels..went card dead and soon wa sdown to 60k and ha dto try somehting

As for them "skill league games"i once watched a friend in 1 and thought 9 angry russains at a table nah not for me i nee d to learn the game more and then could try league eventually...still havent bothered

The gam e I watched was a series of allins at least 5 or 6 goign allin was crazy bingo

I prefer the training even though leageu is free with great prizes

have to defend my m8 Arty lol...hes now arrived at my table twice and both tiems had a big stack compared to me and the table and was bossing the Russains!

Last edited by rolo834; Sun Sep 08, 2013 at 08:23 PM.. Reason: in Artys defence lol ;)

Old
Sun Sep 08, 2013, 08:41 PM
(#8)
I guess I'm should add that I have the greatest of respect for Artys game and more so his explination of an easy to follow ABC guide to 2nl and beyond.

however as a fellow Brit i know he can take a gental ribbing and the Whole Arty is a nit has become an ongoing Joke.

Grade b

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Sep 09, 2013, 12:09 AM
(#9)
ChromeStar
congrats Im in too. Nice to place in these high count tournaments ,hope is eternal I guess, one day it will be the big money one.

2012 Double Bracelet Winner

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Sep 09, 2013, 02:26 PM
(#10)
Since: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo834 View Post
have to defend my m8 Arty lol...hes now arrived at my table twice and both tiems had a big stack compared to me and the table and was bossing the Russains!
I would have said Hi, but the chatbox was swtiched off for that tourney. I saw you were pretty short, but I had some pretty strong hands, so kept shoving on your blinds. I was gambling it up like a maniac, because such a small percentage of players "cash" in that tourney. You need some serious rungood to make it through that minefield. I couldn't do it, even with my "superior" pushbotting skills.

Congrats to Graden!

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Sep 09, 2013, 04:33 PM
(#11)
Thanks Arty,

the chat is on at the start and turned off sometime into the torny.

Grade b

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Sep 09, 2013, 09:18 PM
(#12)
Since: Apr 2011
I got one the other day too, about half of field less than u GradeB, Well done gl in the next round.
All Thee Best

Old
Mon Sep 09, 2013, 09:57 PM
(#13)
well done hightimes

see you at final table on the 29th

grade b

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com