Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

The Bigger 12K GTD $3.30 Tournament - Are bad beats very common?

Old
The Bigger 12K GTD $3.30 Tournament - Are bad beats very common? - Sun Sep 08, 2013, 04:00 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2013
hello,

i came to play here from full tilt using my first $3.30 free ticket from pokerschoolonline and played this tourney.

VILLIAN TABLE IMAGE: noticied him from past 40 hands and found that the villian - tauntman - here is very loose and aggresive and non-deceptive. often got lucky againt 4-5 players.

Also i know here villian did not have a poket pair to make triplets. cause in that case, he would hv reraised me pre-flop even with pair of 22. irrespective of bet size.

I allined to protect my hand from flush draws, so dat he doesnt gets outs to call it - but he did nt had a flush draw but made one from back door.

MY TABLE IMAGE: I am deceptive and always check on good hands and often take risk of letting others see flop for free. I often try not to give outs to anyone by raising the pot above the calling outs limits with respect to opponents stack size

i wud love if u can analyze my hands nd check it.

one more thing, i heard frm many friends at full tilt who play here at pokerstars and this was my first experience at pokerstars. i wanna know from other players, do these thing happen very often here?

sincerely
deepak786786

Old
Sun Sep 08, 2013, 04:42 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2012
You played it horribly (no offence)

3b smaller and make your bets in relation to the pot (in this case around 1,000 otf, 2,500 ott, and shove river)

And yes, bad beats happen. Try not be results orientated.

Old
Sun Sep 08, 2013, 02:46 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdayy View Post
You played it horribly (no offence)

3b smaller and make your bets in relation to the pot (in this case around 1,000 otf, 2,500 ott, and shove river)

And yes, bad beats happen. Try not be results orientated.
agree bet sizing is wrong , but if you knew he would call such a big 3bet with trash and shove OTF with just one pair or FD you played it just fine

Old
Sun Sep 08, 2013, 02:59 PM
(#4)
Since: Apr 2012
Hello deepak786786,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline. Here's a short video about PSO and what it has to offer you. Also check out >>This Page<< for more info.

I would say bad beats happen on Stars as often as they happen elsewhere. The best hand on the flop does not stay the best hand 100% of the time, if it did the poker would be a very easy game to play. Also I don't really love the play you made, although the result is good, in that you got it in way ahead, it's not the most +EV play in my opinion. The hand analysis team are much better equipped to explain why though so I'll leave it to them.

We're here to help you so please feel free to ask any questions you may have and thank you for being a member of PokerSchoolOnline.

Cheers,

Chris

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Last edited by Fadyen; Sun Sep 08, 2013 at 03:23 PM.. Reason: ninja edit

Old
Mon Sep 09, 2013, 06:53 PM
(#5)
Since: Jan 2012
Hey deepak786786

You're 3bet sizing preflop is a bit big for my liking ( I think 3x the size of villains raise '960' would be better ) but the critical mistake we made post flop was our bet sizing.

JT8 with two clubs on board is pretty scary as there are a lot of draws that villain can have so bearing that in mind I think a good sized bet to make would be a little over half the pot ( let's say 1200 - 1500 ) to make villain pay a lot to see a turn card.

Betting almost 6x the size of the pot isn't the optimal thing to do because we give ourselves no chance of getting away from the hand and we're also forcing villain to fold a lot of hands we can get value from if we were to bet a normal amount.

Bad beats happen in all poker games and I can assure you that bad beats happen just as often on every poker site in the world so it's definitely not a Pokerstars thing

Thanks, Chris.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com