Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

Why cant i win with monster?

Old
Default
Why cant i win with monster? - Sun Sep 08, 2013, 05:55 AM
(#1)
bokyaw's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 749
It seems Im gonna lose whenever Im ahead and I put all my chips in the middle. Somehow the software always save the villian in the river no matter how many times I play the same scenario I end up losing!!!!! These two samples were just a few of it for today. I always get the same result all sessions everyday!!!!! Now can anyone explain that to me how come???





I win more playing thrash hands!!!!!!
 
Old
Default
Sun Sep 08, 2013, 07:06 AM
(#2)
Ovalman's Avatar
Since: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,778
First one you play perfectly so don't beat yourself up. Second you could have played differently but the end result would have been the same. There is an argument for raising pre flop here but I'm fine with the limp if you know someone will do the raising for you. Again on the flop there is an argument for donking the flop.

Have you Holdem Manager? Try running the races report and you'll find that it's not every hand you are unlucky. It's called variance. Sometimes you just don't get the luck and it hurts more when it's at critical stages of the game.

Don't beat yourself up. Be happy when villains make mistakes. Every bad beat you get is actually a +EV play for you long term.


Bracelet Winner
 
Old
Default
Sun Sep 08, 2013, 10:45 AM
(#3)
Grade b's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokyaw View Post
It seems Im gonna lose whenever Im ahead and I put all my chips in the middle. Somehow the software always save the villian in the river no matter how many times I play the same scenario I end up losing!!!!! These two samples were just a few of it for today. I always get the same result all sessions everyday!!!!! Now can anyone explain that to me how come???


I win more playing thrash hands!!!!!!
A lot of us when posting in the bad beat section feel that we are getting more than our share of bad luck. And some of us go as far as to claim that good hands never win.....but no-one ever has the raw data to prove it.

when I'm feeling like my ACes get cracked to often I can open up my poker tracker data base and see that in fact not only do they win alot. but that is the hand I have won the most money with.

Grade b

Edited next day - a link to the mental game of poker thread can help players with tilt issues

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...-Game-of-Poker


I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner



Last edited by Grade b; Sun Sep 08, 2013 at 01:26 PM.. Reason: added a link
 
Old
Default
Sun Sep 08, 2013, 11:21 AM
(#4)
Affluenza's Avatar
Since: Apr 2013
Posts: 139
I know how you feel! We just gotta stick to it and as already stated Villains bad play with bring us +EV in the long run, all we can do is get it in ahead and hope for the best.

GL at the tables, a hot run is right around the corner
Affluenza.

Last edited by Affluenza; Sun Sep 08, 2013 at 11:25 AM..
 
Old
Default
Sun Sep 08, 2013, 11:29 AM
(#5)
Sandtrap777's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,310
Hey Grade, he doesn't have PT4, he's said it before, he plays by feel

He just wants sympathy, but in reality, he should look up the word VARIANCE

He was on a heather when playing that staking, now he's on a cooler, it happens
 
Old
Default
Sun Sep 08, 2013, 11:29 AM
(#6)
Ovalman's Avatar
Since: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,778
As stupid as it sounds I multi table to decrease my variance.

I'm not suggesting you should but when I one tabled I beat myself up over games. If I got KO'd on a flip I'd question if I made the right decisions. If it happened over several games then I might change my game for the worse.

If you find yourself coolered a lot (and it will happen) play a different game or freerolls, change site even or take a break.

Making the right decisions long term is what matters. Don't fall into the trap that the site has it in for you. The RNG has no friends, making +EV decisions long term is all that matters.

It took me years to conquer this part of the game but I'm a far better player because of it.


Bracelet Winner
 
Old
Default
Sun Sep 08, 2013, 11:55 AM
(#7)
JWK24's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 24,836
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovalman View Post
First one you play perfectly so don't beat yourself up.
I disagree. Open-limping is a HUGE LEAK! and it's done in both hands. Either make a standard raise or fold.

John (JWK24)


Super-Moderator



6 Time Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Sun Sep 08, 2013, 01:15 PM
(#8)
DrDonkin's Avatar
Since: Nov 2012
Posts: 874
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
I disagree. Open-limping is a HUGE LEAK! and it's done in both hands. Either make a standard raise or fold.

John (JWK24)
I disagree too, If a hands worth playing its worth raising punish the limper's DON'T be one
 
Old
Default
Sun Sep 08, 2013, 01:35 PM
(#9)
Ovalman's Avatar
Since: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
I disagree. Open-limping is a HUGE LEAK! and it's done in both hands. Either make a standard raise or fold.

John (JWK24)
Yes I'm coming round to raising in this position but I do limp from time to time. If there was a limper behind me I'd tend to limp more in this spot but PSO has taught me to a more "right" aggressive game.

I do think Bokyaw played it fine though even with the limp.


Bracelet Winner
 
Old
Default
Sun Sep 08, 2013, 02:01 PM
(#10)
Grade b's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovalman View Post
Yes I'm coming round to raising in this position but I do limp from time to time. If there was a limper behind me I'd tend to limp more in this spot but PSO has taught me to a more "right" aggressive game.

I do think Bokyaw played it fine though even with the limp.
I try not to Limp in, It will depend on villain and Bokyaws image however a raise here Preflop from a tight player would certainly get a number of players to fold hands such as JKo, however you have not given the BB this option.


Grade b


I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Sun Sep 08, 2013, 10:16 PM
(#11)
bokyaw's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap777 View Post
Hey Grade, he doesn't have PT4, he's said it before, he plays by feel

He just wants sympathy, but in reality, he should look up the word VARIANCE

He was on a heather when playing that staking, now he's on a cooler, it happens


Oh my!!!! Just checked this thread of mine and I see you're talking craps again Sand!!! Me on a heater during my staking? lmao. I still win playing fifty's noob!!! I just dont play as often than during my staking period coz I was only playing the prem league and some tourneys now. Just play your game and I play mine coz I still win it despite the fact I get the beatings when Im holding monsters!!! variance you say??? all I can say about that word in here is meeehhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!


probabilities????
odds???

figure it out Sand!!!!
 
Old
Default
Sun Sep 08, 2013, 10:27 PM
(#12)
bokyaw's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 749
You missing the point here guys. What Im saying is how come everytime Im in the same scenario I always get a badbeat when Im very much ahead. Its not about how I played or the villian played his but it is indeed depends on the stupid card dealing that stars have. I know I could get unlucky and get lucky too. but you can definitely tell there's something amiss when there's always these "deja vu" scenarios that seems to be constant and consistently give the same results where I get to lose what supposed to be a winner!!!!
Dont say about variance coz its just an excuse to depend the terrible card dealings on stars,just my 2 cents ok???!!!!
 
Old
Default
Sun Sep 08, 2013, 10:41 PM
(#13)
JWK24's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 24,836
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
The reason is that the hands are bet very badly and due to that the opps have the odds to outdraw you.. and when you give them the odds, they deserve to win.

John (JWK24)


Super-Moderator



6 Time Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Sun Sep 08, 2013, 10:42 PM
(#14)
bokyaw's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 749
And to prove Im not just a one hit wonder I'll open up a new fifty's challenge just to shut up you Sand!!!! I'll play my own BR and post every game and results in real time!!!!

I'll start with 3x buy-ins only $4.50
if I lose it all then You were right!!!
if I turn it to something significant in a week then you have to stake me and you stop posting crap on my thread!!!!


So do you accept the challenge Sand?????


or you will make excuses again and runaway??
 
Old
Default
Sun Sep 08, 2013, 11:13 PM
(#15)
Grade b's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokyaw View Post
You missing the point here guys. What Im saying is how come everytime Im in the same scenario I always get a badbeat when Im very much ahead. Its not about how I played or the villian played his but it is indeed depends on the stupid card dealing that stars have. I know I could get unlucky and get lucky too. but you can definitely tell there's something amiss when there's always these "deja vu" scenarios that seems to be constant and consistently give the same results where I get to lose what supposed to be a winner!!!!
Dont say about variance coz its just an excuse to depend the terrible card dealings on stars,just my 2 cents ok???!!!!

You too are missing a point if its true that Pokerstars has doom switched you please show us that data.

and if its all the same I will not stake a player who Poker stars has decided will loss all hands when he is behind

Grade b


I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Sun Sep 08, 2013, 11:25 PM
(#16)
TOO2COO's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,882
(Super-Moderator)
**closed**

Have a good night

Brian


Super-Moderator

7 Time Bracelet Winner



 

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com