Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

Usual Questions to experienced players

Old
Usual Questions to experienced players - Sun Sep 08, 2013, 06:26 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2013
Hello. I have some basics questions. I start play poker 1 year ago , but i give up becouse i never win. 4 Weeks ago i start playing again , so i have some questions.
1.Do you realy can win money in poker (in how much time you start to win ? )
2.How much time you need to play for wining money ( i play usualy 1-3h/day , or much )
3.You can become a good player if you play with pokerstars points , and not real money ?
4.How do you become a good player ?
5.Wath books do you recomand for a poker player ?( Wath books do you read )How much usefull they are ?
6. And the last question , any1 want to contact me and talk more about poker (or train me ) If yes , can you contact me on ***Email Removed TOS, please send private message via the forum.***. Thanks for reading that and sorry for my bad english and to much questions

Last edited by royalraise85; Sun Sep 08, 2013 at 06:57 AM..

Old
Sun Sep 08, 2013, 06:51 AM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnOFFX View Post
Hello. I have some basics questions. I start play poker 1 year ago , but i give up becouse i never win. 4 Weeks ago i start playing again , so i have some questions.
2.How much time you need to play for wining money ( i play usualy 1-3h/day , or much )
3.You can become a good player if you play with pokerstars points , and not real money ?
5.Wath books do you recomand for a poker player ?( Wath books do you read )How much usefull they are ?
6. And the last question , any1 want to contact me and talk more about poker (or train me ) If yes , can you contact me on *****. Thanks for reading that and sorry for my bad english and to much questions
Can I first of all say that poker is not a get rich quick scheme, yes anyone can get lucky but it's those that work hardest on their game that usually succeed.

There are many levels you can play the game. You don't have to spend any money to enjoy the game. Treat the game as a hobby or past-time, not a magic wand to print money.

I'll tell you how I got started. I'm playing over 10 years but for many of them I was a freeroller. I played freerolls for cash and prizes and then turned the freeroll money into serious cash. On Stars, I've made 2 $30 deposits. My first one I lost and the second I've turned into many withdrawals. I'm probably too strict with my bankroll, a nit if you must but I know I'll never deposit again.

The best way to learn is to play, ask questions, give answers (even if they are wrong) and try and understand why you lose money. Watch some training videos and attend some lessons. Always work on your game, review things and try new things out. Play different types of games and find out what you like best. I play a lot of limit for instance, not because I'm a great limit player but because my opponents are usually so bad.

If I were you I'd treat my poker points as a bankroll. Play the lowest value games for poker points and also play as many freerolls as you can. Just look at Roslyn's thread to see that you can build a roll from nothing.

Bracelet Winner

Last edited by royalraise85; Sun Sep 08, 2013 at 06:58 AM..

Old
Sun Sep 08, 2013, 07:16 AM
(#3)
Since: Nov 2012
Hey, I am not for sure most experienced player in the world (started under year ago) but I can give you some advice I think. First of all look at your games through decisions you make and not what you earn, this way you stay objective to your game. PokerSchool and PokerStars has great promotions and freerolls, use them to build your bankroll before moving to cash games. Most important part LIVE TRAINING here at pokerschool is AMAZING. Attend them as much as you can, seriously they changed my pokerlife. I am currently doing my from zero to hero challenge, I emptied my bankroll and rebuilding with freerolls (up 35$ in 1st 2 weeks) here is link http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...Hero-challenge
Lastly read blogs Like ArtySmokesPS blog and ask questions, there is no stupid questions trust me I asked them all and all these amazing ppl here at pokerschool will give you answers.

P.S. Start a challenge thread for your progress, will keep you motivated and your ind in check. Make clear goals!

Good luck and keep us posted.

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Sep 08, 2013, 07:29 AM
(#4)
This is on another site but proves you can Bankroll build from nothing:

I'm going to donate $100 to charity but I want to bankroll build some more so I leave myself with a strong enough bankroll to stay at the stakes I'm currently at.

At the start of July I took some serious hits on a rival site playing $1/$2 Limit cash. I wasn't fully bankrolled for it but I lost over half my bankroll in 3 sessions.

So peeved off with my play and bad luck, I withdrew my remaining balance and kept it in a separate wallet. I then proceeded to play $5 give away freerolls that they had every hour and with the cash won from that I took it to real money micro stakes tourneys. It was very hard work at the start as you can see from the graph but I've stuck with it. I started this challenge on 15th July but at present I have $150 in my account and playing $5 games. When I get my balance to around $500 I'll make a donation to charity and blog about my results (not on here as it's a rival site)

This just shows that it is eaily possible with enough volume, decent play and an aggressive but now strict bankroll management.

http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/1694/sppu.png

Bracelet Winner

Last edited by Ovalman; Sun Sep 08, 2013 at 10:37 AM.. Reason: added opening paragraph.

Old
Sun Sep 08, 2013, 10:26 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnOFFX View Post
6. And the last question , any1 want to contact me and talk more about poker (or train me ) If yes , can you contact me on ***Email Removed TOS, please send private message via the forum.***. Thanks for reading that and sorry for my bad english and to much questions
1. yes but you need to study the game (more than i do but I'm working on that)

2. 1-3 hrs should be enough how ever some of that time needs to be spend studying not playing.

3. You can but there is nothing like having "real money" on the line for some people. That said several regulars in the forums here are from USA and play Play money games here at PSO. (the play money toruiments that PSO run are amongst some of the hardest I have played .

4. Study, study, Practice, study, repeat.

5. Not a book untill you can beat 5nl on a regular basis instead I recomend live training and Artysmokes Blog.

ABC Poker

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/live-training

6. Questions are good see #4

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Sep 08, 2013, 10:38 AM
(#6)
If you do succed in the game as your first withdrawal buy yourself some tracking software like Holdem Manager or Poker Tracker. It may take you a while to understand everything (I'm still learning) but you will improve your game vastly.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Sep 09, 2013, 11:23 AM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
**moved to Poker Education & Beginners Questions**

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com