Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Hand Analysis

Old
Hand Analysis - Sun Sep 08, 2013, 10:55 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2013
BronzeStar

Old
Sun Sep 08, 2013, 10:57 AM
(#2)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven_GB View Post
Please analyse this hand to see if it was the righht move in this spot??

Old
Sun Sep 08, 2013, 11:04 AM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2011
How has Villain been playing? Loose Aggressive/ Tight Aggressive/ Loose Passive/ Tight Passive? Maniac?

Tricky situation this because without knowing our opponent we don't know if this is a +EV play.

Until I have this info then I think I'm folding. I would take a note on villain as this is a standard shove spot for him and the right play. Some villains will min raise here or do something out of line but he never done anything out of line.

I also think your bet sizing is fine. I'd also fold AJs UTG if this were 9 handed but I think you played it correct right up to your call.

I think this is a spot where stats and notes are very important.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Sep 08, 2013, 11:22 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
Not only what Ovalman said, but what type of game was it?
Turbo, regular, freeroll, league game, $$, how many get paid, your standing, Mtt or SnG?

You just DON'T post a hand and say analyze this, because you'll then get lots of answers and half will be wrong

Old
Sun Sep 08, 2013, 11:33 AM
(#5)
BronzeStar
yeah sorry it was my first post, still getting use to it. but yeah it was 0.25 dollar SNG with 45players amd we were down to the last 25.. the villian had been playing quite well, but he would often call with pocket pairs, and re-raise with premium hands in that spot.

AJ i thought would be in front in this situation, when flopped the 2 pair with an ace, i couldnt let go of the hand.

Old
Sun Sep 08, 2013, 11:40 AM
(#6)
Since: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap777 View Post
Not only what Ovalman said, but what type of game was it?
Turbo, regular, freeroll, league game, $$, how many get paid, your standing, Mtt or SnG?

You just DON'T post a hand and say analyze this, because you'll then get lots of answers and half will be wrong
I had assumed it was a 9 man STT but what I said is how I'd play it in a 45 man SnG.

If villain has been pretty solid then you have to give him respect. Villain played it well BTW but you never done anything wrong until your call.

Chip and a chair though

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Sep 09, 2013, 05:56 PM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi Raven_GB,

I would open a little smaller first in. I generally start with a 3x raise for the first 3 levels and then at 50/100 drop it down to 2.5x opens. (Sometimes I drop to 2.5x earlier if I've lost a few chips already)

Stacks are starting to become pretty short here and dropping your raise size increases your effective stack depth a little bit. But 250 chips is still a decent size raise and will generally get almost as much respect as a 300 chip raise.

On the flop I also think the raise is a little on the large size. 550 is 73% of the pot. I would prefer 450 chips I think, especially since we have flopped strongly and want villain to call us, we still have two streets to get stacks in if we choose.

Now on the shove as previous poster have said the profitability of the call depends on the player. I would fold to a tight player (VPIP of 15% or less) and probably call anyone higher than that, or anyone particularly aggressive.

Vs a random 25c SnG player I don't think it's a horrible call, but a read would solidify it. Folding would be better if our raise sizes were smaller.

Good Luck
Andy

Quad Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com