Are my bets to big?

Old
Are my bets to big? - Sun Sep 08, 2013, 12:36 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

I just been clicking pot with the aces hands i thought that was pretty standard as i figured i would get less respect as im squeezing and my 3 bet over 400 odd hands was at 11 with a vpip of 29 27 pfr and 4 af, still im getting no action so i guess im making my bets to big?

Old
Mon Sep 09, 2013, 12:06 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2012
I think all of your sizing is fine.

H3 is good sizing due to us being very deep and can lead to us getting stacks in by the river.

Old
Mon Sep 09, 2013, 12:29 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2012
Hi Mike

Hand 1

Standard 3x + 1 for the caller = 80c you bet 90c a bit big but not out of line

Hand 2

Standard 3x + 1 for the caller = $1.20 you bet $1.35 again a bit big but not out of line

I have not played that much at 10nl only about 10k-20k hands pre having hm2 so cant really say if this small bit more gets more folds or not

Hand 3

With the check raise semi bluff you dont want callers the flush draw and gut shot are jest back up so this size look good to me

Last edited by I AM XXXX; Mon Sep 09, 2013 at 01:51 PM..

Old
Mon Sep 09, 2013, 02:39 AM
(#4)
Ok cheers

Old
Mon Sep 09, 2013, 05:35 AM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2010
0.90$, 1.2$, 2.32$ for me. So not out of line at all as XXXX says.
With the AJs hand, I think if we were 100bb effective to start the hand I would consider x/shoving with 2.58$ in the pot and 9.17$ left. Our hand benefits from seeing turn and river and when we raise to a standard 3x and get called, are we bet folding a miss OTT?

Old
Mon Sep 09, 2013, 08:00 AM
(#6)
Im not sure of the best line come to think of it im deffo not bet folding im getting it in on a blank turn if i bet like 4.75 / $5, i could just give up the pot and check fold would be the other option but i don't like that line it just looks so weak and i bet some players would pick up on what i just folded so i would prefer to get it in on the flop.

I guess you can jam the flop but if i do that im gonna have to jam some sets as well so im not sure about that line, im still not sure if i like my raise in the 1st place now though its a multi way pot with 2 big stacks who just put in a reasonable bet and call on that flop so i could of been up against other draws or turned two pair that i could of won a juicy pot out of.

What do you think of donking here?

Last edited by mike2198; Mon Sep 09, 2013 at 08:02 AM..

Old
Mon Sep 09, 2013, 08:06 AM
(#7)
Since: Feb 2011
I've been changing my bet sizing according to position and opponents lately. I think it's earning me more chips.

You want to charge enough that you think villains will call. I've been min raising in late stages of tourneys to steal but if I find I get too many callers every time then I'll raise slightly more. In early stages I'll raise more but if I find there are too many ABC regs to act after me then I'll raise slightly less.

My raising ranges change as a tourney or STT progresses so I don't give any tells aways. It's all table and villain dependent.

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com