Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

4 handed late in event 7 back2pokerschool

Old
4 handed late in event 7 back2pokerschool - Sun Sep 08, 2013, 01:21 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010

I completely butchered this hand, 4 hours in and well..

Button had been chip leader for a while and was min raising as a matter of course was folding to a shove although had called and shown 66 against me before.

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Sep 08, 2013, 02:37 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2012
Hello,
I would just fold PF because of short stack with just 2 BB's left. But raising with just 10BB's is the most -EV anyway. If you decide to play AJ shove PF is much more better . As played C/f OTF he won't fold anything on the board like this .

Old
Mon Sep 09, 2013, 12:30 PM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2013
Yeah I would fold pre, if I was to play the hand with 10bb it would be a shove as you cant do anything else.

Affluenza.

Old
Mon Sep 09, 2013, 06:15 PM
(#4)
Hi Grade B,

Insta-shove spot.

I don't like the min raise you only have 10BB so you can expect to be called by a worse hand often enough when you shove. When your opp has a worse hand like Ax, KJ, KQ, QJ etc you let them off the hook for 7BBs when they wiff the flop and fold to your shove.

But the most important thing that makes this a shove for me is the fold equity. After the button raises. With your hand I think the most profitable outcome is when the button folds. You gain 10k chips a 40% stack increase 100% of the time when the shove gets through. You would need to be a better than a 61% favourite versus his range to get a better return than that. I don't think you'll ever be that far ahead with AJo vs the hands he's calling your 3bet with.

Keep it simple.
Andy

Quad Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Sep 09, 2013, 06:19 PM
(#5)
thanks guys,

as soon as I'd done it i was thinking "plonker"

I should shoved pre

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com