Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2NL zoom: AA, over pair on wet flop, bad turn card

Old
2NL zoom: AA, over pair on wet flop, bad turn card - Mon Sep 09, 2013, 11:12 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2013
BronzeStar

Villain unknown, but i put his range as J10+, A10+, KJ+ or small pairs maybe up to 1010

Just want to know if I made the right decisions in this hand and if I could of made better one's earlier in the hand

Old
Mon Sep 09, 2013, 12:34 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Luke,

Firstly I would raise larger preflop, for pure value. Villain is limping in EP, so is probably bad/weak and will be prone to calling too loose preflop.

Post flop I would generally take a bet/fold line vs a relatively unknown preflop limp/caller. Bet for value on all 3 streets, and fold to a raise. I think this turn card is a fine one to execute this plan too... the ten coordinates well with a lot of his flop calling range, so we can bet for value vs. AJ/KJ/QJ/QT/T8 and expect to see JT/T9/33/99/TT/KQ/78s often enough when raised to just release.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Sep 09, 2013, 01:37 PM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2013
BronzeStar
Thanks Langolier, I normally do add one BB for every limper but in this case I made a mistake and didn't check to see if there was a limper, I was multi-tabling, I know folding was the right thing to do but I feel I should have folded on the turn giving him credit for J10 when he raised me on that street, was having a bad session getting out drawn a lot.

On a side note I've been watching some of your Vids and there really helping me, in some of them you say people sometimes send you hand histories/stats for you to review, how do you go about arranging something like that, I would really like to get feed back from someone like yourself.
Sorry if this is not the place to ask about that but I had a look around the forum but couldn't find any info about something like that, I can't do the bankroll builder
Thanks

Last edited by luke6206; Mon Sep 09, 2013 at 01:42 PM..

Old
Mon Sep 09, 2013, 03:10 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Sure, glad to hear you're finding my videos useful!

If you want to request a live training review from myself or one of our other live trainers, you can generally do so by sending us a PM or email. Send me an email to dave@mypokerschoolonline.com with what kind of review you're interested in and we'll go from there.

Regards,
Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com