Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Mon Sep 09, 2013, 02:24 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2013
I want to take part in this promotion. Am I eligible?

Old
Bankroll Builder - Mon Sep 09, 2013, 02:54 PM
(#2)
I am also new to Poker Stars and want to take part in this promotion

Old
Mon Sep 09, 2013, 04:30 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MudViper09 View Post
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Please read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Sep 10, 2013, 04:49 AM
(#4)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Hand replay - Wed Sep 11, 2013, 06:05 PM
(#5)

Old
Hand replay comments - Wed Sep 11, 2013, 06:08 PM
(#6)
When I have a big stack behind me I like to limp in to multi-way pots with suited connectors like 98(spades). If i miss the flop I have an easy decision but if I connect with the flop in a big way I can win a big pot. Is this an okay strategy or am I throwing away chips?

Old
Passed poker basic course - Wed Sep 11, 2013, 06:15 PM
(#7)
I have completed all three of the required steps. I watched the videos on my thread, uploaded a hand replay with some queries and I passed the poker basics course.

Old
Thu Sep 12, 2013, 05:11 AM
(#8)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Sep 12, 2013, 01:00 PM
(#9)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi MudViper09!

With 89s on the button, I get 6 limps in front of me. I can either make a standard raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper or I can call and hope to see a cheap flop. Most of the time here I will limp behind, but some of the times I'll raise too. What I don't want to do is to ALWAYS limp in this situation. By doing so, an observant opponent will be able to get a tell on what type of cards I'm playing. Playing suited connectors like this from late position in unraised pots is perfectly fine. If I was in early position or mid position, then I'd need to raise with them or fold them, as I do not ever want to open-limp.

I hit bottom pair, but with this many players in the pot, when it checks to me, I'm going to check behind. This type of scenario is why I'll sometimes raise with 89s preflop here. When it checks to me on the flop, I can then c-bet and represent the Q (and have the pair of 9's and gutshot straight draw as a backup plan)... but in an unraised pot, I can't do this as with too many players in the pot, someone probably has a higher pair.

With an A on the turn, when someone bets, I'm absolutely folding here.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thank you for the analysis - Thu Sep 12, 2013, 01:50 PM
(#10)
Thank you for the analysis on the hand. I can see how raising could be a good option as well. I generally only make that play with fewer limpers though because I want to manage the size of the pot preflop and in play money where the players seem to call every preflop raise I tend to raise with fewer opponents in the hand when I have a marginal holding.

Old
Fri Sep 13, 2013, 06:21 AM
(#11)
(Community Coordinator)
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Bracelet Winner

Old
Getting more value from Big Pairs - Sun Sep 15, 2013, 09:24 AM
(#12)

I usually play my KK and AA this way but feel like I never get enough value from my big pairs. Is there any tips you could give for this?

Old
3 Reasons to raise in poker - Sun Sep 15, 2013, 10:01 AM
(#13)
Three reasons to bet would be: a) To protect a made hand against an opponent who is playing a drawing hand (here you bet big to try stop him/her drawing out on you); b) You can raise to put pressure on opponents (it is more difficult to call a big raise than a small one), and c) you can bet to creat value in the pot.

I have posted a hand for analysis, answered the betting question and passed the cash game quiz. Please can you advise me on the next step?

Old
Mon Sep 16, 2013, 07:28 AM
(#14)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Sep 16, 2013, 06:16 PM
(#15)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi MudViper09! I'll analyse the hand in post #12.

I think you played this hand perfectly well. The standard raise of 3bb with KK is fine. Only the BB calls, so you have the benefit of position when you see a two-tone flop of J72. Villain will often have missed this board, although he could definitely have a jack, a medium pair like 88, or a flush draw. All these hands will call a standard bet, so betting for value is sound. Don't even consider checking behind and slowplaying your big big hands, because then you risk losing to suckouts. If villain has a pair or a draw, you want to charge him for seeing more cards. A bet of 70% of pot is probably sufficient when heads up on a board like this. Villain folds this time, so he probably had nothing, but don't be upset. You took down a small pot, but that's much better than allowing villain to hit a random flush or straight, which could mean you lose a big one. He might even hit an ace on the turn if you let him see it cheaply, so betting to protect your hand is definitely correct.

Hope this helps!
To get more tuition on cash game basics, I recommend going to live training sessions for the Wednesday and Saturday Games if you can. You'll even be able to play alongside other PSO members in the Homegame club and get instant feedback on the way you play your hands. Good luck!

Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Sep 16, 2013, 06:18 PM
(#16)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I have posted a hand for analysis, answered the betting question and passed the cash game quiz. Please can you advise me on the next step?
Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Current VPP Status - Mon Sep 16, 2013, 08:34 PM
(#17)
I currently have 16 VPP points. I will get back to you when I reach 26 VPP points.

Old
VPP Points - Wed Sep 18, 2013, 08:59 AM
(#18)
I don't know exactly when the second bonus came in but I think it was on 16 VPP points as I mentioned in my previous reply. I am now on 26 VPP points so I have earned enough VPP points to receive the third bonus. I am happy to say that the Micro level cash game is going well. I'm currently over $17 from the original $4 I have received.

Please advise me what to do next.

Old
Wed Sep 18, 2013, 11:24 AM
(#19)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I currently have 16 VPP points. I will get back to you when I reach 26 VPP points.
Brilliant,

Your Bankroll Builder progress is moving along nicely and you've got your 3rd bonus!

Step Three

Now we really want you to up your game! Your challenge is to earn 10 VPPs after getting today's buy-in.

Note that any VPPs that you have earned up to this point won't count, only those earned AFTER you get your 3rd buy-in.

When you hit your target of 10 VPPs we will award you with your final Bankroll Builder bonus. Let us know when you reach the target.

Also, if you make a deposit at this stage we will also award you with your final bonus.

Best of Luck at the tables and let us know as soon as you have earned the 10 VPPs or if you make a deposit.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
I Made 10 more VPP points - Sun Sep 22, 2013, 05:44 PM
(#20)
I have made more than 10 VPP points since my third buy in. Got my Bank roll up over $30 with your initial $6 you gave me. Loving the Micro cash tables.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com