Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

[CL] Bankroll Builder | | | |

Old
Arrow
[CL] Bankroll Builder | | | | - Wed Sep 11, 2013, 03:22 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2013
Hi PSO, I would like to start the Bankroll Builder Promo. Can you get back to me on how to begin the lessons?

Old
Wed Sep 11, 2013, 04:02 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Sep 12, 2013, 01:10 AM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2010
Hi,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!
NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.
Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basics Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.
So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Hand Analysis - Fri Sep 13, 2013, 05:04 PM
(#4)

I have watched the videos and created a hand replayer link. I have also completed and passed the poker basics test.

Old
Next Steps Needed for Bankroll Builder Promo - Sat Sep 14, 2013, 12:35 PM
(#5)
Hi,

Ive completed steps 1-3. What happens next?

Regards,

currychip83

Old
Sat Sep 14, 2013, 01:18 PM
(#6)
Hi,

Hand Analsyis

When decide that my hand is playable I will enter the pot for the standard amount of 3x the big blind +1bb for each limper, although this hand from early to middle position is not strong enough to be isolating a villain, so should be folded pre-flop. if we where in a late position near the button, we'd raise it up as we will have a positional advantage post flop.

Post flop, raising the flop to 3/4 pot to fullt pot is great, it's a family pot and it's plausible that one of the villains does indeed has a two card flush combo, plus we could get value forem pocket pairs, worse Qx, ace high and king high.

On the turn I would have bet 3/4 pot size, we want to get the stack to pot ratio set up for the river. Plus we want to charge this villain close to the max for chasing any draws or other reverse floats they could have in their range.

On the river, we have blocker to this villain having any 2nd nut hand, I'd bet about 1/2 pot for pure value as the villain's stack depth can afford the call and they are not pot committed, we could get looked up by ace high, k high or a pocket pair.

Food for thought, a good post flop bet sizing is 2/3 to 3/4 pot size, sometimes a situation may arise such as the hand you submitted where it'll be difficult for the villain to have a hand as we have blockers to possible combinations etc..

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Sat Sep 14, 2013, 01:20 PM
(#7)
Excellent!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.
Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game Course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks completed and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Old
Bankroll Builder - Next Step Completed - Sun Sep 22, 2013, 08:12 AM
(#8)
Hi,

I have completed the next step as requested. Please see below answers to question and my hand replayer. I have also completed and passed the cash game test.

Q. 3 reasons why a player might make a big bet?
A. To put a lot of pressure on opponents, to gain value from very strong hands, to protect against strong draws.

Regards,

currychip83

Old
Sun Sep 22, 2013, 04:59 PM
(#9)
Hi,

Hand Analysis

Sitting on about 90bb stack depth this hand is worthy to open for the standard amount of 3x the big blind from under the gun (first to act). Post flop we hit top two pairs, this is a really strong hand and since we hold blocker to some of the possible Ax and Jx combos, I'd elect to bet about 1/2 pot on the flop and turn, the villains stack depth is shallow just shy of 30bb and they may be on a marginal draw with KQ QT aswell maybe a worse range of Ax..we want them to call.. On the turn taking card removal into account, it's unlikely they are holding one of the combos of 9x.. Around 1/2 pot bet sizing maybe would have got one more street worth of value.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Sun Sep 22, 2013, 05:00 PM
(#10)
Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Old
Bankroll Builder - Next Step - Sun Sep 22, 2013, 06:07 PM
(#11)
Hi Cannon,

Thanks for the reply and instructions on the next installment of Bankroll Builder. The only question I have right now is how do I earn VPP points? I know what FPP's are, whats the difference and can I earn these with onl a $2 bankroll?

Im not quite ready to make my first deposit yet, still learning and I hope I dont loose this $2 as quick as the last one :0) but if I do then as you've said just post the hands and then do you just apply the next $2?

Thanks,

currychip3

Old
Mon Sep 23, 2013, 05:52 PM
(#12)
Hi,

Please >>click here<< for a complete overview of how you can earn VPPs! Yes you can definitely earn VPPs with your current bank roll, there are several players that have done so under my training.

If you happen to lose your second buy-in, just post a hand replay of the hand that lost it, I'll analyze the hand, award you with the third bonus and advise of the next step in your Bank Roll Builder training.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Bankroll Builder Promo - 3rd Issue - Tue Sep 24, 2013, 02:50 PM
(#13)
Hi Cannon,

I really didnt expect to be replying to you asking for the next part of th bankroll builder so soon. I feel like I've let you down after this hand. Ive done really well up to this and I have taken you advise and applied it in all games until this. Honestly I know I should have folded once the flop came with an ace but I really didnt believe this guy had one. Clearl a mistake but its all about learning from my mistakes right? Just so you know I'm not wasting your time, I placed in top 50 in the WCOOP Main Event freeroll on Saturday, 16966 started and I'm into round 2 this Sunday. So I do have potential to be good.

Regards

currychip83

Old
Tue Sep 24, 2013, 08:14 PM
(#14)
Hi,

Hand Analysis

I'd definitely call on the flop given our pot odds, we'd roughly be breaking even on a call, although on the turn I'd fold..here's why.

Let's look at all of the combos of likely holdings the villain may have of Ax: A2 A3 A4 A5 A6 A7 A8 A9 AT AJ AQ AK AA.. if you are to take all of the suits for each card that being diamonds, clubs, hearts, spades and think of all of the possible ways you could be dealt any of the above hands..the number will be 16 combos of each hand! So remember this, we are playing up against a range of hands and when evaluating certain board textures we could discount certain combos with card removal. (eg. paired boards, we have Ax board has A which reduces the likelihood of the villain having a combo of Ax etc..)

Usually on these mono flop textures when a villain leads into us, their line could be indicative of trying to bet for value and protection as they do not have a suit. Although in some cases (player dependent) a villains lead could mean semi-bluffing to a flush with a high card blocker or a flopped weak flush. The villain is willing to play an inflated pot out of position to..looks like an ace on the turn..

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Tue Sep 24, 2013, 08:16 PM
(#15)
Fantastic!

Your third Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target

2) If you lose your 3rd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.

3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Old
Tue Sep 24, 2013, 08:19 PM
(#16)
Congratulations on winning a ticket into the 2nd round of the WCOOP freeroll! That is quite an accomplishment outlasting 16,000 players to get into the top 50! I'd suggest that you also try to qualify for the PokerSchoolOnline Premier League >>click here<< for a complete overview!

Good luck and good decisions,
CannonLee

Old
Bankroll Builder - Tue Sep 24, 2013, 08:48 PM
(#17)
Thanks for the feedback cannon, as always much appreciated. longer tournys seem to be my thing, so I will keep you posted on how I get on. Made it through thi Saturday Splash off a 2 FPP buy in :0)

Regards

currychip83

Old
Bankroll Builder - Sat Sep 28, 2013, 01:34 PM
(#18)
Hi Cannon,

For my last bankroll builder installment it says above reach 10 VPPs after receiving 2nd installment. I was on 7 VPPs when I got this, I am now on 19 VPPs but the dollars were not automatically added. Can you check to see what level of VPPs I was on at 2nd dollar amount incase I was mistaken?

Regards

currychip83

Old
Tue Oct 01, 2013, 01:29 AM
(#19)
Congratulations!

As you've earned enough VPP's we have awarded you with all your Bankroll Builder buy-ins and you have successfully completed the promotion, good job!

You are always welcome to post any troublesome hands in the >>Hand Analysis<< section.

Also it is a good idea to review some of the content on >>Bankroll Management<< at this point.

Keep in touch with us and let us know how your poker journey continues.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com