Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

Top 10 SNG tips by Dale Philip

Old
Top 10 SNG tips by Dale Philip - Thu Sep 12, 2013, 10:29 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2011
Hi,

An article by team pro Dale Philip. We should know this? Then after reading maybe I've got a bit lazy.

10 Tips: Crushing Multi-Table SNGs

Old
Fri Sep 13, 2013, 04:34 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
It's a good blog!

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Sep 13, 2013, 05:38 PM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
Very good blog.

It may be things we SHOULD know Forrest,but a reminder doesn't hurt.

In the down time I've had as a US player the last 2+ years I was able to examine a lot of my play from before and Tips 2 and 3 are the two things that Dale touches on in this article that I have targeted in my game as needing to be most improved upon. Tips 1 and 4 through 9 I've pretty much got a handle on.

Tip 10 was what I was trying to focus on when Black Friday pulled the rug out from beneath us. I was comfortable playing 4 tables,was looking to knock out a few hundred like that,check my stats and then look into 6 tables,go for another few hundred,check my stats and if I liked what I saw,bump it up to 8. Rinse and repeat. Didn't have a set target in mind really,doubt it could ever be more than 12 for me,but that's not to say IF I can do 12 tables and be happy with my numbers at some point that I won't then try to push past it. Basically like Dale says...get to a level where you're stuck being less profitable than you were playing a couple tables less at the previous level and you pretty much know what your limit is.

Like many US players I'm hoping to get that chance,sooner than later.

If only our dimwit government wasn't so -EV.

Old
Fri Sep 13, 2013, 06:22 PM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2011
Excellent blog, he's a good way with words.

I would also add that a lot of the "regs" know this style and while it's easy to read, it's incredibly difficult to play against.

The next level up is to work out what type of regs they are and exploit them. There are several different types of regs but every player has an Achilles heal (or several) so work on them.

Edit. and to add, I never thought too much about structures but it's given me food for thought.

Bracelet Winner

Last edited by Ovalman; Fri Sep 13, 2013 at 06:23 PM.. Reason: added edit

Old
Fri Sep 13, 2013, 08:28 PM
(#5)
Since: Mar 2011
not read the tips yet but i bet i only know 4 or 5 so ty

@Moxie i really really feel for you and US players as to not being able to play online at least on the bigger sites I really dont understand black Friday ive read some but dont get it

read now sweet article definitly learned few things like different structures like ovalman said already

Last edited by rolo834; Sat Sep 14, 2013 at 03:38 PM..

Old
Wed Sep 18, 2013, 09:30 AM
(#6)
Since: Dec 2012
Some good tips thank you dale, but being me I will have to run It twice or even three times before It sinks in

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com