Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5NL 6max Zoom – TPGK against pot sized bets – opinion of my play?

Old
5NL 6max Zoom – TPGK against pot sized bets – opinion of my play? - Fri Sep 13, 2013, 06:41 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2013
Villain: 56 hands, 19/12/0, AF:1, WTSD:1/3

Pre: Standard

Flop: For change and because it was so dry flop I decided to check. He betted big, he might have weak hand and he tries to make me fold my hand, so I call.

Turn: Again large bet. This is getting bit scary now, but he could do it with worse hand (maybe, AF:1, I am not so sure anymore).

River: Again pot sized bet, I have to fold?

He had 77, AA, A2, AK – at least it felt like that. Just want your opinion; because I did not Cbet, can he have worse hand than mine?

PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com

Button ($7.11)
Hero (SB) ($12.06)
BB ($8.12)
UTG ($5.05)
MP ($5.78)
CO ($4.57)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, A
4 folds, Hero raises to $0.12, BB calls $0.07

Flop: ($0.24) A, 2, 2 (2 players)
Hero checks, BB bets $0.21, Hero calls $0.21

Turn: ($0.66) 7 (2 players)
Hero checks, BB bets $0.59, Hero calls $0.59

River: ($1.84) K (2 players)
Hero checks, BB bets $1.65, Hero folds

Total pot: $1.84 | Rake: $0.08

Results below:
Click to show hidden text

Last edited by braveslice; Fri Sep 13, 2013 at 06:44 PM..

Old
Sat Sep 14, 2013, 06:43 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi braveslice, I think you have mis-played that hand.
Blind v Blind ranges are pretty wide. And I think cbetting this flop is better than checking because we can get called by worse Ax hands and medium to small PPs, we practically have TPTK if you think about it because AK/AQ would have 3bet preflop.
As played, I call down. We lose to AK(unlikely since they would have 3bet preflop), (unlikely given there are two 2s left in the deck), A7, and 77 and that's a very small portion of their range. We split with all other Ax hands and win against his bluffs that picked up a club draw OTT.

Old
Sat Sep 14, 2013, 07:21 AM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2013
Hmm, yeah, I missed the a) the club draw b) and beating AQ too

But, would you think AF:1 would say he don't bet draws let alone bluff, and also his 3B of zero would indicate he doesn't really 3B. Or did the only 56 hands made these stats unreadable?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com