Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

In case of Power Failure

Old
In case of Power Failure - Sat Sep 14, 2013, 12:33 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2010
In case of Power failure and your still Log-in in your client when this happen.

I know that you will be sit-out and you will post blinds and ante until your last chip go all-in.

But what if you have an alternative to log-in from a mobile device, i experience that i can't log in from my laptop as i forgot to log out in my mobile client.

In the above case when your playing from your PC and suddenly you got power failure.
How many minutes before they auto log you out in the client so you can log in using your mobile or android via wifi.

Like in my case in using laptop and a pocket wifi. What if my laptop went dead during the game, i got my android as my back-up but how i can log-in to it if i the system detected that i'm still log from my laptop.

I know it's a security safety for not allowing you to log in for a second device while still log-in from 1st device as someone might hacked your account. But in a case of second device is using same IP address they should auto disconnect you from the 1st device.

What action shall someone must do when they experience this kind of situation?

Thanks,

PH

Last edited by PINOY_HITMAN; Sat Sep 14, 2013 at 12:36 AM..

Old
Sat Sep 14, 2013, 06:20 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Hey PINOY_HITMAN,

I don't think there's much you can do about power failure except having some sort of a back up power system, but I'm pretty sure PokerStars will never allow two log-ins into a single account even if there from the same IP Address for security reasons.

That's just my thoughts on it though, if you want maybe ask support@pokerstars.com for a more official answer.

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Sep 14, 2013, 06:24 AM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2011
I've started a MTT on my PC and finished it off on my Android phone so no problems there but when I last checked Private games were NOT visible on the mobile version and the Big Bang is under the private tab Home games didn't work either.

It's been ages since I last checked so maybe things have changed.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Sep 18, 2013, 05:46 AM
(#4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalraise85 View Post
Hey PINOY_HITMAN,

I don't think there's much you can do about power failure except having some sort of a back up power system, but I'm pretty sure PokerStars will never allow two log-ins into a single account even if there from the same IP Address for security reasons.

That's just my thoughts on it though, if you want maybe ask support@pokerstars.com for a more official answer.

Cheers,

Raiser

Thanks RR

PH

Old
Wed Sep 18, 2013, 05:48 AM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovalman View Post
I've started a MTT on my PC and finished it off on my Android phone so no problems there but when I last checked Private games were NOT visible on the mobile version and the Big Bang is under the private tab Home games didn't work either.

It's been ages since I last checked so maybe things have changed.
Still not e-mail support but i'll do later today.

Thanks Ovalman.

PH

Old
power failure - Wed Sep 18, 2013, 06:42 AM
(#6)
Since: Jan 2012
I lost power while playing 2 MTT's (NLHE and triple stud) i was able log in using my Iphone (it took me about 4-5 mins before i was able to find a spot to get a signal, it is very bad at my house) i could log into the NLHE game, but the app does not support triple stud (too bad, i was in better position in that tourney).

so all that to say that, in the case of a disconnection, i think that if you try to log in on another device, you get booted out of the original one, as i was able to log in within minutes

Old
Tue Sep 24, 2013, 08:50 AM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMardi73 View Post
I lost power while playing 2 MTT's (NLHE and triple stud) i was able log in using my Iphone (it took me about 4-5 mins before i was able to find a spot to get a signal, it is very bad at my house) i could log into the NLHE game, but the app does not support triple stud (too bad, i was in better position in that tourney).

so all that to say that, in the case of a disconnection, i think that if you try to log in on another device, you get booted out of the original one, as i was able to log in within minutes
Thanks mate for sharing your experience.

PH

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com