(#2)
Since: Aug 2013
BronzeStar

Old
Play?? - Sat Sep 14, 2013, 06:53 AM
(#3)
BronzeStar
I had a feeling none of them hit the flop cause of their raises.

Was the call on the turn with the A's right instead of raising??

Full feedback of the play would be taken into account respectively.

Last edited by Overloadd; Sat Sep 14, 2013 at 06:53 AM.. Reason: mistyping

Old
9Js - Sat Sep 14, 2013, 07:33 AM
(#4)
BronzeStar

was the All-in the right play here???

Old
Another One - Sat Sep 14, 2013, 01:35 PM
(#5)
BronzeStar

Old
Sat Sep 14, 2013, 08:50 PM
(#6)
Since: Oct 2011
We can only analyse one hand per thread. I'll take a look at the first one, but if you'd like the others to be looked at, please post them in separate threads. It also helps a lot if you provide any relevant information on your thought processes, or reads on your opponents. For example, you might take an aggressive line when you know someone is a weak player.
Now to look at the JT hand.

You have JT on the button, faced with 4 limpers. They probably don't have anything very good, or they would have raised, but I like over-limping here. The problem with raising is two-fold:
1. It's unlikely that everyone will fold when there is so much money already in the pot.
2. Your hand is not strong enough to play a big pot with.

As played, you raised and got 5 callers. The flop comes a ragged 932 with a flush draw. You have two overcards, but just jack high. Everyone checks to you, which is standard ("check to the raiser") and I think taking a stab at the pot is OK. You raised pre-flop, so can represent an overpair. The problem is that to make an effective continuation bet, you need to contribute a lot of chips. Your c-bet size is pretty good, but this pot is getting very large. By raising pre-flop, you ended up playing a bloated pot with a weak hand. This is a recipe for disaster. Your c-bet is called in 2 spots, so now the pot is massive. The 7 on the turn is basically a blank, and you still have jack high. I would expect one of the players to have a draw, and the other likely has a pair. At this point, I would generally just give up. In position, you can take a free card by checking behind. Continuing with your bluff is OK, but you need to bet bigger. Betting 120 into 1310 is fairly pointless. Any draws that called on the flop won't fold to this tiny bet. Indeed, you're giving them the right price to call. Naturally, both players call. The river pairs the board with another deuce, and both players check again. They are unlikely to be strong. If you had ace high, you'd have some showdown value and could check behind and probably beat most missed draws. With jack high, however, you're still losing to hands like . This means your only chance to win the pot is to bluff once more. I think your sizing is pretty good, as half pot should be enough to get the job done. Missed draws will fold, but I'd expect 9x to call every time. Here both villains folded, so you dragged a very large pot with jack high. You got a nice result on the end here, but I wouldn't make a habit of taking lines like this. Use the maxim "Big hand, big pot. Small hand, small pot" to your advantage. When you don't have much of a hand, try and keep the pot small, so you can get a cheap price on your bluffs. Save the big bets and raises for when you have a big hand.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Feedback - Sun Sep 15, 2013, 03:46 AM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Thank You Sir!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com