Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

J7

Old
J7 - Sun Sep 15, 2013, 03:30 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Loose open but i had a fish on my left i thought i could get a stack from, anyway i flop decent and donk trying to set my own price to outdraw him.

I figured he might call my donk bet with any overpairs he could have but he min riases i call and get a ton of outs on the turn i figured because i can get his stack on the river if i hit its worth the call on the turn?

Is anyone folding or calling there vs a fish.

Old
Mon Sep 16, 2013, 07:01 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
Hiya Mike!

Loose open indeed; but it's okay atleast it's not a limp/call :p
I don't like your reason to open loosely though against the fish who is in position on us; you say you could get a stack from them but you don't mention with what kind of hand? Like can you get his stack with TP? I think the hand is weak to consider three barrels; I'd rather have some more equity with a hand when I want to play against a fish unless they fold to cbets a lot in that case my plan would be to take the pot away on the flop when they miss 70% of the time.

Now when they 3bet so small and we get a call from the SB, I'm just calling for pot odds and trying to win a small to medium pot. OTF, I'd rather take a x/c line instead. I don't mind seeing a turn card, infact I'm happy to see a free card and if V1 bets and V2 calls I'm also getting good odds to call. As played, I'd call the raise and call the turn bet too. They are giving us 3:1 and we will improve to a straight or a flush with one card left 26% of the time. And we just improved to both

Looks like your preflop plan went perfectly well!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com