Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

Skill league ticket

Old
Skill league ticket - Mon Sep 16, 2013, 05:07 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013

As there is so much player enthusiusm and time limits as per everyone in different time zones ,would it not be in best of the league to give members a ticket that is valid for say 60 games .for the month to compete and it would allow everyone a comfort zone to achieve and play for points gathering total points for total of 60 games . This would allow the max points for the days u play but also not give someone to play 100 games to over come you because you did not have the time or schedule for playing every game that is listed.

we all need a certain amount of time every day and i would think if everyone was given a ticket for the month that was valid for say 60 games in the PSO League it would give every PSO member a time and different days to achieve there goals to be first in the league
We all cannot play every entry or have time everyday unless ur retired and not working
just asking if this is a possabilty which I think would make the leagues much more fairer for all
JUST MY THOUGHTS

Old
Mon Sep 16, 2013, 06:38 AM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2013
It's funny how I am in for the complete opposite.
I would like a tournament every 1-2 hours.
Anyways I believe the league standards are pretty high, so there is no reason to complain (besides maybe variance).

Last edited by GamblingProp; Mon Sep 16, 2013 at 06:40 AM..

Old
Mon Sep 16, 2013, 09:31 AM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2010
this Question has been put forward many times . I am ok with the way they are.
in the last 13 days I played 14 tournys out of 78 that were available to play.
in your case you only played 2. there must have been more than that available to you.

Triple Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Sep 17, 2013, 06:39 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2013
aha... im glad this question has already been raised many times (just thinking about it today?) can i added my cents-worth? and sorry if i have missed something in the league set-up!!!

But... Are league points determined over all the tournaments you play? i think so... well instead limiting it to 60 entries as suggested, why not have it as you play as many as you can, but league position is determined over say your best 60 finishes?

Ok this may sound stupid but it is very late and so thats my excuse..

Old
Tue Sep 17, 2013, 07:32 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
I'm in a number of leagues on another site where they keep your top X scores a month.
IMO, it leads to way, way more maniac play, as the players don't care and will shove anything.. due to no penalty for an early exit. It leads to worse play.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Sep 18, 2013, 09:14 AM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2013
Hi John,

Very good point... i can accept that and see the logic behind it and thanks for not slamming me for even suggesting the idea!!
But... and i like how you said "way,way more" because with all due respect the open league already seems full of maniac players with nothing to lose as they are not even playing for league position.

Ok... im new to this and only an occasional player (thats my story and im sticking to it), but isn't the league about teaching patience, playing steady etc..etc... So, is there something on the Mathematical points side, which equals out the games played so to speak!!

Because (and im not speaking personally of course!) when rating players i would place someone who plays a fewer number of tournaments and finishes top half, above a player who plays every single one they can lay their hands on and finishes average (this might seem unclear but hope you get my drift)

As an example in some sports you always play for your best results, but drop your worst score in the final analyst. It doesn't mean that towards the end of the season you've got nothing to lose, because you can still improve your best results?

Anyway i have gone on long enough with this ramble!!! about to sit out another complete Open Skill League, watching all the bad beats? ha..

Hey... Whats a Super-Moderator... sounds impressive

KInd Regards

Old
2 cents - Tue Oct 01, 2013, 10:48 AM
(#7)
Since: Jul 2010
Tossing in my 10 cents worth. The league seems fine however, it def veers towards those that can play more. Taking top scores from x+ games is really not fair for people who get only the minimum in. If they were to take the first 3 games of the week the player played and only count them into the standings, any games after that for the week, points would be cut in 1/2 for the ones that can play more. It would average everyones' 3 first games of the week for a total of 12 for the month. Any games played after the first 3, players would win or receive half of the points normally received for that week. It would even out the field a bit for those that can't play all the time. BUT, HEY, Thats just my 10 cents worth.

Old
Tue Oct 01, 2013, 09:14 PM
(#8)
Since: Apr 2012
Hello rez71,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline. Here's a short video about PSO and what it has to offer you. Also check out >>This Page<< for more info.

While it can be an advantage to play more games in the month it's very difficult to find a system that pleases those that play a lot and those that can't. But the current system does try to take into account these factors and make it fair by having the possibility to get a minus score and the fact the points you earn in a game is based somewhat on your current score.

We're here to help you so please feel free to ask any questions you may have and thank you for being a member of PokerSchoolOnline.

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Oct 01, 2013, 09:27 PM
(#9)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
Hello Members of PSO

At this time we have no plans to make any changes to the leagues.

I would suggest in the future please send these request to the following email ideas@mypokerschoolonline.com 

Thanks for being part of PSO, and Best of Luck at the Tables

Brian

Super-Moderator

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by TOO2COO; Tue Oct 01, 2013 at 09:30 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com