Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Home Games /

Heads Up League

Old
Heads Up League - Mon Sep 16, 2013, 08:39 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2012

Hey guys,

Just gauging interest at the moment. Would any of you guys be interested in a HU League?

Would probably go like this;
  • Ideally 36 people total, making 6 teams of 6. One bye week for each player
  • 1 captain per team
  • $5 entry pp
  • $20 pp for 1st Team, $10 pp for 2nd

FORMAT:
  • Best of 5 matches per round. Multitabling etc is up to you.
  • 100bb Playmoney freezeout in a Private Home Game Group (so all you yanks can play)
  • One week per round (this should give enough time to sort out match times vs different timezones. This would probably be done via skype)
  • Assuming 6 teams, this would be a 5 week series (each time faces every team once) + a grand final week

Please register interest ITT. Not sure how US payments will work but if anybody could volunteer to help with skrill or something that'd be awesome.

-birdayy

Last edited by birdayy; Mon Sep 16, 2013 at 10:15 AM..

Old
Mon Sep 16, 2013, 09:56 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdayy View Post
  • $20 pp for 1st Team, $10 pp for 2nd

FORMAT:
  • 100bb Playmoney freezeout in a Private Home Game Group (so all you yanks can play)

Please register interest ITT. Not sure how US payments will work but if anybody could volunteer to help with skrill or something that'd be awesome.

-birdayy
***Moved***

Hey birdayy,

No official PSO promotion can award real money prizes to US players.

If you get enough interest from members here for a home game club series of tournaments then we'd be happy to have you guys post here, but it would be up to yourselves to manage it as PSO cannot take responsibility for any third party transactions.

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Sep 16, 2013, 10:41 AM
(#3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalraise85 View Post
***Moved***

Hey birdayy,

No official PSO promotion can award real money prizes to US players.

If you get enough interest from members here for a home game club series of tournaments then we'd be happy to have you guys post here, but it would be up to yourselves to manage it as PSO cannot take responsibility for any third party transactions.

Cheers,

Raiser
Ah. We'll see if any US players are interested. Thought it would be good to include them in things for once but if it's against the PSO promotional rules then I might limit it to non-us players.

Old
Mon Sep 16, 2013, 12:15 PM
(#4)
Since: Apr 2012
I'm not sure exactly how you would be able to arrange HU matches in a Home Game club since you can only do MTTs or ring games. Suppose you'd just have to set up a bunch of HU MTTs and tell people which one they are to enter so it's just 2 per game.

Anyways, I'd be up for something like that. I quite like some HU from time to time.

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Sep 16, 2013, 12:45 PM
(#5)
Fadyen it's been done before on 2p2.

You setup some heads up play money tables and name the table after the people playing (ie birdayy vs Fadyen). You both buy in for 100bb and we play till one of us has all the chips (no topups). If you win then it will be 1 - 0 to you and we start again (best of 5 format as mentioned in the first post).

You can also have the schedule in the announcements section of the home game lobby. Here is a lobby of one I played in a few months ago:

Old
Mon Sep 16, 2013, 01:53 PM
(#6)
Since: Apr 2012
Doing it that way seems fair enough. I just figured you might want blind increses but I suppose doing it without will mean it's more skill based overall.

Hope you get some more interest for this as it sounds fun.

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com