Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2nl FR Zoom - AQ

Old
2nl FR Zoom - AQ - Thu Sep 19, 2013, 10:14 AM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2013
Hi guys,

Again this part of my losing streak in one session. Please could you analyse my hand below.

I understand that I didn't raise enough preflop it should have been 3xbb + limper's bet.

Cheers,

Pullin

Old
Thu Sep 19, 2013, 06:51 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi Pullin,

This is another one you played fine. Other than the small pre-flop error of only making it 3bb when there's a limper UTG, your line looks standard. A 4bb raise might have dissuaged the SB from calling, but there's nothing you can do about him check-calling with a gutshot and hitting runner-runner trips.

As played, the donkbet by the UTG player is pretty scary. He limped pre, then potted AJ6. This looks a lot like a set of 6s, as donking with a set on a multiway board like this is sometimes the best line. I wouldn't be folding top pair just yet though. On the turn, you have a gutterball to go with the top pair, and now the villain bets small, you definitely have to call. It's possible the limp-call donker just has a ragged ace or a flush draw. I think I'd just call, because once again you're way ahead or way behind, and will only value-cut yourself if you raise. River is a check behind for me too. Well played, unlucky.

Try not to get upset by bad results. If you played the hand correctly, then you won some "Sklansky bucks", and you'll make real money in the long run when villains make bets or calls with worse.

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com