Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

Self-evaluation with stats?

Old
Self-evaluation with stats? - Thu Sep 19, 2013, 02:58 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2013
Hi. I've just started playing poker for the first time over the past few days. Learned a good deal from the PokerSchool 'Basics' course, which I plan to read through again soon.

I can certainly see how results can greatly improve just through understanding why "Tight & Aggressive" is a good style for beginners.

My question is . . . what's a good, basic way to assess my progress as a new player? I've taken a look at the "Statistics" tab at tables, which shows number of hands played in the session, % of showdowns won, etc. Would keeping track of these stats be helpful, or is there some better way to judge how I'm doing over time, and compared to others?

Khepi

Old
Thu Sep 19, 2013, 04:03 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
(Moderator)
Hello Khepi

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Here is a link to help familiarize you with all the features and services available at PSO. Feel free to look around the forum and post any comments or questions you may have.

You are invited to join the PokerSchoolOnline Community Home Games Club. Information on how to join the club may be found HERE. Hope to see you there!

A usefull tool for keeping an eye on your stats is Holdem Manager, there are also other very usefull software programmes to help you .I mention HM only because i know you ca try it free for about 30 days befor deciding if its for you. You can get more info at the Holdem Manager web site.

You may also like to take a look here. Dave has some great vids on pokerstove and HUD stats use which you may find helpfull.

Again welcome to PSO , good luck at the tables.

Old
Thu Sep 19, 2013, 04:12 PM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2013
Thanks for the links!

Khepi

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com