Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Thu Sep 19, 2013, 06:51 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2013
I am willing to take part in the bankroll builder initiative!

Old
Fri Sep 20, 2013, 12:18 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Sep 20, 2013, 08:27 AM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2011
Hello Sindokp,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

flophitter

Old
Bankroll builder session 1 - Fri Sep 20, 2013, 11:07 PM
(#4)

Well apparently this was my first hand on the table for the day , i got dealt a 9 set . I was made to call All-In , and obviously i felt it was worth the call.However i lost the pot tO Ace Trips.

Was this a wrong call ? How to deal with such hands when playing with real cash?

I would like to inform you that i have completed all the steps required by you for the session.

Old
Sat Sep 21, 2013, 09:16 AM
(#5)
Hi Sindokp,

Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will award you with your first bonus and we can move to the next step.

Cheers!

flophitter

Old
Sat Sep 21, 2013, 12:12 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Sindokp!

With pocket 9's in the BB, I get an opp that makes an abnormally large shove. A standard raise for them would have been to 3BB+1BB for each limper. I do NOT have a set. A set is a pocket pair that makes 3 of a kind on the board.

Whether or not to call, needs to be based on my read of the opp. If the opp is playing as a maniac (shoving any 2 cards over and over), then I'm going to call. If the opp is playing tighter, then I'm either going to be in a race against two overcards or crushed by an overpair.

If I don't have a read on the opp, I'll err on the side of caution and muck my marginal pair of 99 here, as I only want to be calling all-in's when I'm most likely ahead, not with a marginal hand that can easily lose.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Sep 21, 2013, 02:53 PM
(#7)
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

flophitter

Old
Step 2 ! - Sat Sep 28, 2013, 07:54 PM
(#8)

So In this hand i never thought that i would be running into a premium set or either AK or if he had a flop straight , Was this proper gameplay ? Or was it on the risky end ?

The three reasons for a person to bet big are :

1)To put pressure on the opponents
2)To gain value from strong hands
3)To bluff off decent hands

I cleared the test with flying colors :P

Well i would like to thank you for the 2$ cause i almost reached 25$ with it , thanks to the guide , and made 120 FPP .

Old
Sun Sep 29, 2013, 02:37 PM
(#9)
Hi Sindokp,

Great to hear of your positive results so far - well done. And thanks for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers!

flophitter

Old
Sun Sep 29, 2013, 07:58 PM
(#10)
Thanks for appreciating , however i am back to nil on $ and fpp , but yeah it helped me understand all kind of poker that i could play now.

Old
Mon Sep 30, 2013, 08:00 AM
(#11)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi Sindokp,

I do not generally advocate limping into pots. Here with ATs from MP I think our hand is well playable so I would open raise to 0.06.
As played, I don't see any point in betting small on the flop. As a matter of fact, I prefer checking to the preflop raiser and calling his bet. When we lead ourselves, we fold all his bluffs. Here, with just TP and gutshot I want to pot control when I am out of position. Betting will bloat the pot especially if we get raised. When villain over bets the turn, this is actually a tuff spot since we are drawing to only 4 outs to make the nuts and our one pair hand is beat by two pair and a straight. I personally would choose a fold. It seems that the line you took confused your opponent into making a mistake which worked for your favor, but on the long term I think the best line would be to raise preflop and bet the flop ourselves.

Old
Thanks - Mon Sep 30, 2013, 08:32 AM
(#12)
Oh great information there sir , thanks a lot , will keep that in mind for the future!!!

Old
Mon Sep 30, 2013, 09:23 AM
(#13)
Hello Sindokp,

Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

flophitter

Old
10 VPP Reached!!! - Fri Oct 11, 2013, 08:23 AM
(#14)
Dear admin , I have reached the target for acquiring 10 VPP Please release my 3rd bonus.Ty.

Old
Fri Oct 11, 2013, 11:28 AM
(#15)
Hi Sindokp,

That's great news! Once those VPPs filter through to our admin systems your third Bankroll Builder bonus will be processed and it will be in your account shortly thereafter!

Now to earn your fourth and final bonus, keep applying the principles you have learned at the same tables as before until you have earned a further 10 VPPs, counting from when you receive this latest bonus.

If you lose your bankroll, please post the losing hand(s) for analysis. As ever, if you have any questions we are here for you.

flophitter

Old
More 10 VPP earned. - Sat Oct 12, 2013, 09:36 AM
(#16)
I have earned the rest 10 VPP required for final bonus!!

Old
Sat Oct 12, 2013, 05:15 PM
(#17)
Hi Sindokp,

That's great to hear! I'll check the system over the next 48hrs to check your bonus is there ok.

Meanwhile feel free to post any troublesome or interesting hand(s).

flophitter

Old
Sun Oct 13, 2013, 01:41 PM
(#18)
Congratulations Sindokp!

As you've earned enough VPPs we have awarded you with all your Bankroll Builder buy-ins and you have successfully completed the promotion, good job!

You are always welcome to post any troublesome hands in the >>Hand Analysis<< section.

Also it is a good idea to review some of the content on >>Bankroll Management<< at this point.

Keep in touch with us and let us know how your poker journey continues.

flophitter

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com