Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

should i have played this differently?

Old
should i have played this differently? - Sat Sep 21, 2013, 02:00 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2012
hi all

few questions here,, is my 66percent flop bet ok? or too low/high? ,, also, should I be shooting again on turn? on river, with his donk $2 probe bet, should I have 5 or even 6 bet? or should I be folding?

all feedback welcome

tks

hanny

Old
Sat Sep 21, 2013, 05:33 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi hanny!

Good raise preflop for value.
I think your cbet size is decent. Anything between 5$-6$ is standard I think.
I don't like this flop too much tbh, but I'd cbet it anyways and my plan is to cbet smaller here because I want to put a 2nd barrel on good turn cards to put pressure on hands like JJ-77. I think we got a good opportunity to do so on this turn; Qh I would bet 1/2 pot

Another way we could play this hand is to check back the flop, and go for a delayed cbet or bluff catch on later streets. So I think cbetting is the standard line, delayed cbet is an alternative, and bluff catch with Ace high is a special line against an aggressive, bluff happy, opponent. So depends on our villain and how they perceive us.

OTR, If I were to call it's basically a price to pay to see his cards. I'd never expect myself to win there. But his bet size looks either: weak, or superstrong inducing a raise. I don't think they will bet so small with a 9x. Qx might take a x/c line. So it's either a weak one pair hand, or a monster. Interesting to see what they will do if we raise it here to 10$

Last edited by geoVARTA; Sat Sep 21, 2013 at 05:39 AM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com