Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

bet sizing?

Old
bet sizing? - Sat Sep 21, 2013, 02:17 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2012
I think i'm happy with my play here, just wanted feedback on the bet sizing, is it appropriate?

all feedback welcome

tks

hanny

Old
Sat Sep 21, 2013, 05:53 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi hannyug,

I think a fold preflop is a much better play on the long run without any information on our opponent.
QJs is a marginal hand. And calling a 3bet OOP will leave us dominated and guessing ourselves post flop. A call would be okay in position but not out of position for me.

Turn lead is okay. I personally would have gone for 6$; it doesn't matter too much how much we bet here (as long as it's reasonable) because we will not be able to setup stacks by the river - not that we want to with TP but basically we are not going anywhere here if we do get raised so bet anywehere between 50% - 67% pot and call a raise. Now that we get raised, I'm not sure what hands would raise the turn that would check back the flop there. I'd call but I won't lead the river. I think when we bet the river we will fold his bluffs and we will only get called by better in other words we force our opponent to play correctly. So check/call river imo.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com