Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Reg 10NL 6-Max: QQ in MW Pot

Old
Reg 10NL 6-Max: QQ in MW Pot - Sat Sep 21, 2013, 07:11 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012
Hello.

No real reads on the villain.

OTT idk why I checked, I probably was going for a x/r and got lost with action on other tables cause I really think I should be betting here.

River came a K to my QQ. Was it correct to be folding here or did I just set myself up to get blown off my hand?

Also, had I bet OTT and villain flatted, what line should I be taking on this river? Thanks

Old
Sat Sep 21, 2013, 10:15 PM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2011
I like the line you took here.

When villain cold calls the flop with another player behind his range looks pretty strong. If that's a worse pocket pair than yours he isn't going to bet both the turn and the river. He is going to try to take his hand to showdown. So you really only beat whiffed flush draws. I doubt there are that many in comparison to JX. Remember if he had KXhh he either doesn't bet or beats you.

You showed a lot of strength check-calling turn I wouldn't expect him to be bluffing enough here to justify another check-call.

I would prefer to sometimes bet the turn to check-fold the river, working on the assumption he wouldn't bluff it with missed nut flush draws or even some non nut flush draws that missed. Its hard to bluff in that spot for many players at your stake after they have taken a passive line versus a big show of strength. Remember worse made hands will check river and want to show down.

That means his river betting range, in the case that you bet turn, is a lot of JX (and full houses).

Good fold on the river either way

Old
Sun Sep 22, 2013, 01:12 AM
(#3)
Since: May 2011
I saw coach Gareth post and didn't look until I saw the hand replay. And I'm keeping the initiative and betting the turn.

So now I'm not sure I can bet fold river but can't give two cards setting the price oop? [1] The river gets sooo expensive.

Notes:
[1] we check turn then a potential check behind are we going to re-take the initiate on the river or check fold to any bet

[2] single raise pots - no 3b. So G does his stuff in a c-bet class and I get very confused? Is there a 3b range YES but we get stacked from a micro nit AA/KK etc. My point is fire twice on turn cards so (in training) and then on the river? Micro bluff.

Last edited by ForrestFive; Sun Sep 22, 2013 at 02:13 AM.. Reason: future river bet too much / note 1 it gets worse / 2 shots

Old
Sun Sep 22, 2013, 09:56 AM
(#4)
Since: Mar 2012
Thanks G, feel comfortable now knowing I likely made the correct laydown. So by x OTT I would get action from his entire range but his bet OTR means he has better since his river bluff frequency is probably low/non-existent.

Hey Forrest. In the first example I would probably bet half pot and give him a good price to be wrong. Second situation, I don't stack off pre flop with QQ vs unknowns or tight regs (without a read). If I have villain on an AQ+ type of hand I will 4-bet, but it can definitely be folded.

Old
Sun Sep 22, 2013, 04:04 PM
(#5)
Since: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForrestFive View Post
I saw coach Gareth post and didn't look until I saw the hand replay. And I'm keeping the initiative and betting the turn.

So now I'm not sure I can bet fold river but can't give two cards setting the price oop? [1] The river gets sooo expensive.

Notes:
[1] we check turn then a potential check behind are we going to re-take the initiate on the river or check fold to any bet

[2] single raise pots - no 3b. So G does his stuff in a c-bet class and I get very confused? Is there a 3b range YES but we get stacked from a micro nit AA/KK etc. My point is fire twice on turn cards so (in training) and then on the river? Micro bluff.
If you bet the flop turn and river what can call your river bet he beats even if the river was a 9 i think a river bet would be abit thin i might be wrong but is he really gonna call 3 barrels with like TT, i think i would bet fold the turn but looking at this hand now if we did check the turn and the river was a blank like a 9 i think you could squeeze a bet out of TT then.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com