Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Late Registration Strategy

Old
Late Registration Strategy - Sun Sep 22, 2013, 06:22 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2013
Okay, so, ive been playing donkaments for quite some time now... 1$ MTTs and so forth, and I stumbled upon an interesting strategy that can save time, money and headache...

On Merge network, there is a 1.5k Guarantee game that is held everyday at the same time, now this game has late REG for 1.5hours

I got really deep in this and had a killer stack and started noticing some REGS and a few FREE roll winners and what nots coming in with the bare minimum stack ( 3k ) and i thought they got unlucky and was just rebuying. Yet i started seeing a whole lot more and asked a guy, once the add on period hit, "how many times did you rebuy?" he told me he just joined 30 seconds before late REG closed. Now im thinking this is dumb bc the blinds are 1500/3000 with 300 ante by this point, thats such a gamble for a blind play for a buck, but this is the kicker, the ADDON is 30k chips!

So no ( if he times this perfectly ) he can save himself a 1.5 hour grind and come in a game for 33,000 chips for 2 bucks and the donkament part of the play has dwindled a ton an he is not essentially playing a Super turbo game.

I would love to hear some thoughts on this idea, concept, whatever u want to call it, bc I never heard about it until now! and im considering doing it today just to see if I can time it right so that i might invest 3$ MAX in this rebuy/ addon game

Let the discussion begin

Old
Sun Sep 22, 2013, 08:06 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

John (JWK24)

P.S. I always enter to play the entire tourney (to take advantage of the fish at the beginning).

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Sep 22, 2013, 08:10 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hello,

Unfortunately your account is not eligible for this promotion.

However you can still avail of the learning material here at the school and take the courses and quizzes here. You can also post hands for review in the Poker Education section.

Good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com