Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

How to define 3 bet value range?

Old
How to define 3 bet value range? - Sun Sep 22, 2013, 08:30 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2013
When a hero 3 bets for value, I have seen two different definitions for value range.

a) 3 bet range the hero is ready to AI against villain
b) Hands hero thinks he has 55% equity against villain’s range

Both can’t be true at the same time, most of the time. Both are quite reasonable, understandable and logical definitions.

a) The stat we should look here is probably villains 4b %. This a bit funny if villain’s PFR is 40% but 4 bet % is 1. So we are not really value betting anything but AA.

b) Here we should look villains PFR.

Ok, found third definition:

c) is the range villain is going to call with worse.

Last edited by braveslice; Mon Sep 23, 2013 at 07:40 AM..

Old
Thu Sep 26, 2013, 04:22 PM
(#2)
After some though and doing my first range, I almost got it right (reviewed by the one and only geoVARTA) , the only outcome is that the value range is the c)

Old
Thu Sep 26, 2013, 06:37 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2011
Yep, it's C. A value-bet or a value-raise is one that can get called by worse hands. Generally speaking, if your valuebet or value-raise won't get called by worse, then you shouldn't make the bet.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Sep 27, 2013, 06:18 AM
(#4)
Roger that! Thx Arty.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com