Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Old
77 - Mon Sep 23, 2013, 03:33 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013

Do you think this guy read that i was trying to rep a missed flush draw and re bluff with K high lol.

On the flop his bet IP just looked like a bluff to me so i was gonna call and do some monkey business on the turn depending on how he played it but i turned a monster and was gonna raise but then i thought if i raise his gonna fold pretty much his whole range and thought my best option was to try and rep a missed flush if the heart dont roll off or i was gonna check if the heart comes because i thought he was fairly weak and he might bluff at it.

Anyhow i bet a reasonable size which should fold pretty much everything he can have but at the same time i thought my line looks like i was drawing and my size was perfect for him to re bluff and he did. Im just wondering if he read it like i wanted him to or is he just a complete monkey lol.

Old
Mon Sep 23, 2013, 04:31 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
BronzeStar
He could have been induce by the small donk bet lol.

Anyway i think that after the original raiser checks to us on the flop, we have a mandatory bet for value and protection.

Old
Mon Sep 23, 2013, 05:07 PM
(#3)
That was my 1st thought when he checked but then i remember watching a vid that said that betting there isnt the best line because alot of overcards are gonna roll off and im gonna get floated, which means im gonna have to barrel which i got no problem with but im aggro enough as it is so i kinda slowed down abit.

I couldnt say which is the most profitable line if it be bet check check or bet bet or whatever im not sure i do diff lines sometimes i bet but i dont think i was in the mood for barreling with a multiway pot so i checked.

Old
Tue Sep 24, 2013, 09:50 AM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2010
"Anyway I think that after the original raiser checks to us on the flop, we have a mandatory bet for value and protection."

^^^
This. Yes!

Old
Tue Sep 24, 2013, 11:03 AM
(#5)
So both of you would raise then dont you think that looks super strong to even a straight on a paired board and i dont want to fold out a flush draw if he had one and his bluffs when i have a boat.

Protection from a a higher PP he would have 2 outs, i do like to raise on either the flop or turn when im *****d but i thought this line looks super strong so what part of his range are you targeting with a turn raise?

Old
Tue Sep 24, 2013, 11:27 AM
(#6)
Since: Sep 2012
Obviously betting the flop is mandatory for value/protection.

When we turn the nuts, i'd actually c/r to build the pot (so you were half right with the check). It's a line I don't see often enough and imo is underutilized because so many players autobet when checked to OTT. The problem with your line is you don't set up the river to get stacks in so we'll miss a lot of value vs his strong hands.

I think a c/r to $3.50 and shoving the river would be good sizing

As played it looks pretty spewy and against anyone with a brain would not get you as much value as check/raising.

Also, change your avatars guys. It's confusing as ****.

Old
Wed Sep 25, 2013, 12:10 AM
(#7)
Since: Jul 2011
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2198 View Post
So both of you would raise then dont you think that looks super strong to even a straight on a paired board and i dont want to fold out a flush draw if he had one and his bluffs when i have a boat.

Protection from a a higher PP he would have 2 outs, i do like to raise on either the flop or turn when im *****d but i thought this line looks super strong so what part of his range are you targeting with a turn raise?

Turn its dependes on villain, if he its a bit of a nit flatting might be ok so he doesn't folds his draws, but vs other players is a good spot to raise to get value from draws, overpairs and trips.

River might be a good spot to check-raise if you think is the kind of player that could barrel with his busted draws, which might be a lot of his range on this board and also his strong hands like 6x, 44 maybe JJ still bet river, the downside is that 88 99 and if he hit a T might check behind, but doesn't seem to be a big % of his range.

Old
Wed Sep 25, 2013, 12:14 AM
(#8)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdayy View Post

Also, change your avatars guys. It's confusing as ****.

lol

Not so confusing any more now

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com