Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2NL 9-max Zoom KK

Old
2NL 9-max Zoom KK - Tue Sep 24, 2013, 06:39 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2012
BronzeStar
Hello poker players!

I question if I played my hand correctly. My pre-flop bet size was a bit too low and it got me in an awful position post-flop.

All insights are welcome, thank you (poker player) in advance

http://www.boomplayer.com/nl/poker-h...514_8E107FDE25

Old
Tue Sep 24, 2013, 07:49 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2012
Yep. Bigger sizing pre ($.10 - $.12). We should be raising his flop donk and barreling turn and river.

As played, shove the turn over his second barrel.

His river sizing is a bit gross but I think you have to call.

Old
Tue Sep 24, 2013, 08:54 AM
(#3)
BronzeStar
Thank you for your reply! I was thinking along the same lines aswell!

Last edited by Awwesome.one; Tue Sep 24, 2013 at 09:36 AM..

Old
Tue Sep 24, 2013, 11:32 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Awwesome,

I agree on sizing the raise bigger pre, I like about .12c here for pure value. Post flop donk bet like this is often 1 pair or a draw, I don't mind raising or calling here in position, generally preferring to raise though. I would definitely raise the turn bet if I hadn't raised the flop. Since I'd normally like to make it about $1, but he's only got $1.42 total, putting him all in on the turn is fine imo, I expect random unknowns at 2NL to call off with plenty of worse hands.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Sep 25, 2013, 11:59 AM
(#5)
BronzeStar
Thank you for answering! I was thinking his bet on the turn was weak, so I didn't want to fold the river, but I should have raised him already! Thank you again for helping everyone out! Love this site

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com