Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

AK

Old
AK - Tue Sep 24, 2013, 11:15 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013
If you get 3bet when your holding AK with no reads what makes you decide if your gonna call fold or 4bet?

Are you folding OOP, calling or 4betting IP when villain 3bets pretty big or small?

I seen people making decisions on 4betting AK and say because villain 3bet so big he probably dont have AA or KK and they get it in and are bang on most of the time from what i seen.

So im just wondering what makes you fold AK when you get 3bet vs an unknown because im tired of calling 3bet and missing and get face a big bet and fold because im not floating a low flop when theres not enough money behind.

Old
Tue Sep 24, 2013, 11:32 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2012
Obviously it depends on positions, stats, table image blah blah blah.

It's too broader question to answer because of so many variables.

Obviously if you 3b from the sb and get 4b from the btn it's a fist pump shove, but if you 3b otb a utg raiser and get 4b, it's a completely different situation.

Old
Tue Sep 24, 2013, 11:48 AM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2013
Of course yeah positions are more important so you say your fist pump shoving AK when the BU 4bet the SB, see im never fist pumping getting it in pre with no reads so its probably the hardest hand i find to play because if i get owned by an over pair i look at it as major spew.

If the BU 4bets small or big does that change your mind in shoving AK i don't mind flipping pre i just don't want to be going all in in the wrong places and getting owned.

What about if SB opens you 3bet BB he comes over the top, is it the same again for you move all in?

Old
Tue Sep 24, 2013, 12:33 PM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2198 View Post
Of course yeah positions are more important so you say your fist pump shoving AK when the BU 4bet the SB, see im never fist pumping getting it in pre with no reads so its probably the hardest hand i find to play because if i get owned by an over pair i look at it as major spew.
At 25nl its a fist pump shove. Not sure about the lower limits.

Quote:
If the BU 4bets small or big does that change your mind in shoving AK i don't mind flipping pre i just don't want to be going all in in the wrong places and getting owned.
It's obviously less attractive when a 4b is committal but i'm still not 3b/folding OOP given the positions

Quote:
What about if SB opens you 3bet BB he comes over the top, is it the same again for you move all in?
Given the positions its still a fist pump shove.

Old
Tue Sep 24, 2013, 05:58 PM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2011
If I've decided to 3-bet AK, it's because I'm willing to stack off against a particular opponent. Therefore, if he 4-bets, I'm jamming.
If I was the first raiser and I get 3-bet, I'll often fold, but I'll 4-bet if I think villain will fold often, or call often. If he's a nitty player, I tend to snap-fold to a 3-bet, whether I'm in or out of position.

Bracelet Winner

Last edited by ArtySmokesPS; Tue Sep 24, 2013 at 06:01 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com