Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL 6-Max Zoom: KQs post flop line vs multiple opps

Old
10NL 6-Max Zoom: KQs post flop line vs multiple opps - Wed Sep 25, 2013, 03:01 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
I felt handcuffed in this spot and wasn't sure of the best postflop line. I was on my phone and didn't have any notes on the players.

I veiwed the bb minbet on the flop to be a weak blocking bet and put him on second best pair or a drawing hand such as KJ, J9. I felt confident I was ahead of him. However, I didn't want to raise oop with two players left to act since I would have folded to a 3b. Can we make a thin value bet oop in this spot?

On the turn, I felt more confident that I was ahead in the hand and the 3 was unlike to have helped the villains. I was worried that raising now would force V6 and V1 to fold out everything in thier ranges that I was beating. However, I wanted to protect against the posssible draws. Perhpas raising here would be best? If I get called by one opponent, there will be more in the pot than getting a string of min-bet callers, and might be easier to play on the river HU?

The river wasn't a great card. Now many of the drawing hands just got there. The 60c bet from the btn seemed polarizing. And with V6 left to act, raising felt like it would only get me value owned.

My passive play always feel so weak. Any suggetions on improving my line here?

Thanks

Roland GTX

Old
Wed Sep 25, 2013, 03:49 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi Greg,

I think we should be raising if not the flop then the turn because we don't want to give the opponents behind us a good price given there are a few draws out there. I think I'd call flop and raise a safe card OTT because I don't want to raise the flop and get shoved on with an OESD and having to fold the best hand. But I think raising the turn is mandatory to keep the players behind us out and getting value from V3 we can still get called by a Tx that turned a diamond draw and a QJ type of hand; I'd probably check back the river though if V3 calls our turn raise.

Old
Wed Sep 25, 2013, 10:24 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
BronzeStar
Don't get why wouldn't you raise flop, if he doesn't min bet, you probably making your standard cbet right? why 1bb donk bet makes such a difference?

Old
Wed Sep 25, 2013, 10:58 AM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland GTX View Post
I veiwed the bb minbet on the flop to be a weak blocking bet and put him on second best pair or a drawing hand such as KJ, J9. I felt confident I was ahead of him.
... so raise?

Quote:
However, I didn't want to raise oop with two players left to act since I would have folded to a 3b.
You don't know this. You are missing out on lots of value by just effectively checking (a minbet is effectively a check).

Quote:
I was worried that raising now would force V6 and V1 to fold out everything in thier ranges that I was beating. However, I wanted to protect against the posssible draws. Perhpas raising here would be best?
Yep. If not the flop then at least the turn. If they fold when we raise then so be it. We wouldn't get value any other way unless we let them draw out on us (which you have risked).

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com