Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2NL ZOOM did i played my hand right or not that bad? or what play would you suggest?

Old
2NL ZOOM did i played my hand right or not that bad? or what play would you suggest? - Wed Sep 25, 2013, 05:11 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2013
BronzeStar
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=302DD3FC98
villain1 mucked set of 5
villain2 had AcTc for nut flush

Last edited by GayLooser; Wed Sep 25, 2013 at 05:13 PM..

Old
Thu Sep 26, 2013, 03:11 AM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi!

Opening with J9s preflop is a bit loose actually. I don't mind opening with suited gappers from your position if they are face cards, but I prefer suited connectors for anything lower.

You flop middle pair on the flop. I would prefer folding to the bet. Your hand may be the best at the moement, but you don't have much potential to develop into a stronger hand here. The pot is getting too big to want to get involved in it with a questionable hand. This becomes clear on the turn when you get two pair. Two pair looks strong, but there are a few problems. First, you don't have top two pair. Also, a straight with K10 just got there. Betting builds the pot even more while your in a rather unclear situation. There are very many cards that can come on the river making flushes or straights likely which are going to be problematic for you.

The river is the main issue with this hand. By leading out you create as situation where you value own yourself. Your two pair hand has some showdown potential, but this board is very dangerous. It would be better to check and maybe call a small bet. A missed straight draw or top pair hand might take a stab at the pot. This keeps the pot from growing even more. By betting though, all the hands you are beating, especially the missed straight draws, will fold. Thus you earn no more value. Only the hands beating you will continue with the hand. Flush, straights and sets are all possible hands on this board that are beating you. So, when V2 comes over the top and raises you this is pretty much never a bluff. Folding to his raise is your only good option.

Unfortunatly you overplayed your hand in this situation on every street, especially on the river. Don't pay off villains at 2NL with marginal hands.

I hope this helps

Roland GTX

Old
Sun Sep 29, 2013, 11:53 AM
(#3)
Since: May 2013
BronzeStar
thanks, yes i agree i mostly ruined the river and mainly calling that reraise was total bullshit ,i could have spent 1$ if i didnt call that reraise

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com