Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NLz 6max - My opponent said "well played" Hummm

Old
10NLz 6max - My opponent said "well played" Hummm - Wed Sep 25, 2013, 10:38 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2011
Hi,

My opponent was a reg and that's the only read. But in chat before folding said - WP and "enough room to flat a 4b".

Not sure if the comment was a back handed joke or did I play the hand well. My 3b and 4b call pre was position based.

A flop and turn to dig my way out of a hole well played or not?

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...294_F326B68B95

Old
Wed Sep 25, 2013, 11:38 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Can we get any names?

The regs used to talk to me a lot more at 2nl - they'd say things like, "wow, you really couldn't find it in you to fold before the river?" (while we were on the river, and my draw came in lol) ... stuff like that Hasn't happened in a while

Maybe he had AA or KK (non-spade) and wasn't sure if you were ahead, but didn't feel like he could call? Nice pot Forrest!

Last edited by TrustySam; Thu Sep 26, 2013 at 12:14 AM..

Old
Thu Sep 26, 2013, 03:48 PM
(#3)
Since: May 2011
Hi Sam,

Didn't recognise the name. Seemed strange to say stuff in chat but made me think. "Do you know what I know" sort of thing.

So I'm thinking 3b my button your stealing. Response is a 4b that I'm defending light. I'm thinking 4b size you been to Gareth's class bigger size trying a light 4b? Are we stacking 140 deep (i'm not)?

Thinking they c-bet a good size well to keep the initiative maybe has me beat. Then the check on the turn got me thinking I'm good here.

Anyway not thinking the jam is the best play as I'm never being called by worse and giving 2:1 for his flush + 2 overs.

So probably was AA/KK/AK no spade and a good player can find a fold.

PS. And Gareth's c-bet class was about turn cards to bet and that was a good one. So maybe a slip up there.

Last edited by ForrestFive; Thu Sep 26, 2013 at 03:56 PM..

Old
Thu Sep 26, 2013, 06:30 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar
Yesterday I changed my mind and thought maybe he thought your pre-flop 4-bet-calling range, flop c-bet calling range, turn shove range was QQ/JJ/As? But I didn't notice how deep you both were - that would make sense that he would know you might have a wider 3-betting range c/o vs d. And then your turn shove looked fairly strong.

Now that I think about it, there have been a couple of times that regs have said stuff right before they folded - usually it's because they've ranged me down to my exact hand ... and been right

I think it was a compliment Forrest!! So that's nice

PS Am still working through all the c-betting and 4-betting materials myself - gosh, so many moving parts ... think I'm sort of at that same point of trying to get everything to work together all that the same time and stuff, and it's a real work in progress

Old
Thu Sep 26, 2013, 09:53 PM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2011
BronzeStar
JQs its probably to good of a hand to 3bet-fold BTN vs CO, and don't think we are that deep to have good implied odds to call the 4bet so i would just call. Also if you hit only a Q you need to be ready to fold to a double barrel or implied odds goes to reverse implied odds.

Old
Mon Sep 30, 2013, 07:49 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForrestFive View Post
Seemed strange to say stuff in chat
Didn't mention this before, but sometimes I'll talk out loud versus regs when I'm trying to get myself ready to fold - I guess that's what everybody has been doing to?

Just had kind of a funny hand though, because I was talking out loud to myself again ... and the villain told me his hand, which felt kind of awkward, because I wasn't fishing for info. And it didn't matter, because I was thinking that even if he had a flush draw, he likely had overs that had live outs, which was going to make 88 too hard to play oop, but still - kind of unexpected when people start to talk in zoom, isn't it? Although it's kind of nice too, since we play against the same people every day but never have a chance to talk

Was kind of shocked to have somebody say something back since I was just sort of talking to myself

(c/o was loose, bb was tight)

Dealt to TrustySam [8c 8d]
marajo_br: folds
kykyindigo: folds
handybart62: raises $0.20 to $0.30
PTForce: folds
TrustySam: raises $0.50 to $0.80
ph@ntom_f12: calls $0.70
handybart62: folds
*** FLOP *** [6d 4d 2c]
TrustySam: bets $1.20
ph@ntom_f12: raises $1.50 to $2.70
TrustySam said, "sigh ..."
TrustySam said, "what u have ... something like TT, JJ?"
ph@ntom_f12 said, "fd"
TrustySam said, "ugh ..."
TrustySam said, "oh no "
TrustySam said, "ur not supposed to say "
TrustySam: folds

Last edited by TrustySam; Mon Sep 30, 2013 at 07:58 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com