Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

most forum threads "404 Not Found"

Old
most forum threads "404 Not Found" - Thu Sep 26, 2013, 05:49 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2013
Hello.

Trying to read threads result in "404 Not Found" error page.
This happens in all new threads and in the last couple of old threads that have new posts.

Is this just me or does this happen for everyone?

Old
Thu Sep 26, 2013, 06:48 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TweedleBeetl View Post
Trying to read threads result in "404 Not Found" error page.
Hello TweedleBeetl,

This message usually appears when the server that hosts all the sites data has a problem and cannot provide you with the information you are looking for. It's a bit like a letter coming back in the post with a message on it saying 'Return to sender, address unknown'.

We are very much aware that we've had numerous server problems over the last few weeks and are currently working on updating our servers. I cannot give you an estimated time when this work will be completed and I thank you for your patience during this time.

Cheers,
Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Sep 26, 2013, 08:16 AM
(#3)
update:

The problem only happens in firefox but not in chrome.
maybe I need to reboot or something.

Old
Thu Sep 26, 2013, 12:34 PM
(#4)
Since: May 2011
This is weird,

I can't access any PSO forum posts using chrome. I get the 404 error. Managed to post this with Waterfox (Firefox 64bit version) using Windows 7.

And I have logged out and back in to the forum in both browsers. Just with chrome can't read / access forum posts but can navigate to training, blogs, etc from the header menu bar.

Last edited by ForrestFive; Thu Sep 26, 2013 at 12:40 PM.. Reason: log out / in

Old
Thu Sep 26, 2013, 02:30 PM
(#5)
Well chrome is working now. Very strange.

Old
Thu Sep 26, 2013, 03:45 PM
(#6)
I restarted firefox and not it works in both browsers.
It was not enough to logout or close the tabs. I had to close all firefox windows and restart it.

Old
Thu Sep 26, 2013, 04:16 PM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
IE 10 has been working fine all day for me.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Sep 26, 2013, 04:44 PM
(#8)
Chrome stopped again - 404

Back to Waterfox

Old
Thu Sep 26, 2013, 05:26 PM
(#9)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForrestFive View Post
This is weird,

I can't access any PSO forum posts using chrome. I get the 404 error. Managed to post this with Waterfox (Firefox 64bit version) using Windows 7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
IE 10 has been working fine all day for me.

John (JWK24)

Oh ho!!

Old
Thu Sep 26, 2013, 05:58 PM
(#10)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Happy to be able to read everything with IE now

Old
Thu Sep 26, 2013, 08:32 PM
(#11)
Since: Jun 2010
Opera has always worked for me.

Have had problems in the past with IE , Firefox and Chrome, but never with Opera.

Old
Fri Sep 27, 2013, 12:16 AM
(#12)
Since: Apr 2012
I used to have problems with IE9 and Firefox (never used Chrome as I heard bad things), but with IE10 everything works great for me now. Can't say enough good things about it, it's really improved from IE9 I think.

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Oct 03, 2013, 06:49 AM
(#13)
Since: Jan 2013
I'm having the same problem. I know it's not a browser issue as another person in my house is using chrome and can access them fine. And it's not account related as we tried logged in and logged out. I can pretty much can't see the end of any long threads, even the ones I post in.

The error is 404 Not Found nginx.

We had a hypothesis that maybe it's affecting people that visit the site regularly and it's somehow connected to the computer's number of times access to the site? idk. I tried to delete my cookies but it didn't help. Will this affect our time vault thread eligibility? Or should we just keep posting 'blind'?

Old
Thu Oct 03, 2013, 08:01 AM
(#14)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
This message usually appears when the server that hosts all the sites data has a problem and cannot provide you with the information you are looking for. It's a bit like a letter coming back in the post with a message on it saying 'Return to sender, address unknown'.

We are very much aware that we've had numerous server problems over the last few weeks and are currently working on updating our servers. I cannot give you an estimated time when this work will be completed and I thank you for your patience during this time.

Cheers,
Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Oct 03, 2013, 05:08 PM
(#15)
It is getting a bit annoying seemingly random 404 errors.

EvokeNZ may be on the correct line. When I visit the forum and click "last posts" the search results page has links which are only live for X amount of time.

I may read one or two posts do something else and when I go back to the search results tab I have permanently open in my browser - those links no longer exist hence 404.

Then it gets worse because clicking "last posts" again results in a page of non-existent link URLs until such a time it starts working again.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com