Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Rubbish avatars!

Old
Rubbish avatars! - Thu Sep 26, 2013, 07:48 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2010

Some are just awful! I mean what is this? "Look you better be scared brah, I is got a gun and everything, plus the shades as well, brrrrap brap brap"

Have any other shockers caught your eye?

Old
Thu Sep 26, 2013, 08:22 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Sharona View Post

Some are just awful! I mean what is this? "Look you better be scared brah, I is got a gun and everything, plus the shades as well, brrrrap brap brap"

Have any other shockers caught your eye?
well there is this nightmare-inducing one:

Old
Thu Sep 26, 2013, 09:11 AM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
(Moderator)
If you find a players image distatefull or inappropriate, give a PS Chat Mod a call, they will take a look for you.

Old
Thu Sep 26, 2013, 09:29 AM
(#4)
I am unoffendable! I just thought it was rubbish!

Old
Thu Sep 26, 2013, 09:30 AM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TweedleBeetl View Post
well there is this nightmare-inducing one:

Old
Thu Sep 26, 2013, 09:51 AM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
You might like to read Daleroxxu's blog regarding players' avatars. Enjoy!

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Sep 26, 2013, 10:08 AM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokyPokyToo View Post
You might like to read Daleroxxu's blog regarding players' avatars. Enjoy!
Hahaha, awesome.

I read another good tip somewhere about cartoon characters giving an idea of someone's age. Pokemon/Dragonball etc indicates teenagers, Thundercats/He-Man indicates late 20s/30s

Old
Thu Sep 26, 2013, 11:09 AM
(#8)
Since: Jun 2011
Dale's article is brilliant! Didn't find my avatar on the list, so I have at least some prospects in poker, I guess BTW, can someone explain what is Athene/Chiren 80 and what's so bad about it?

Old
Thu Sep 26, 2013, 01:10 PM
(#9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by opium.nT View Post
Dale's article is brilliant! Didn't find my avatar on the list, so I have at least some prospects in poker, I guess BTW, can someone explain what is Athene/Chiren 80 and what's so bad about it?
Athene/Chiren80 is a 'famous' hardcore gamer, having achieved some ridiculous feats of endurance and grinding in a game called World of Warcraft.

Athene took this grinding ethic and managed to make the swap to poker. He initially deposited $10, but he quickly grew this and now multi-tables 24 tables, and even set a challenge to himself to play 1 million hands in a single month.

What this resulted in was lots of little WOW fans doing the same thing. If you find one of these at your table, they will be awful!!
I'm not 100% on this but I think that Chiren did a promotion where he gave you a dollar if you had his face as your avatar. What that does is highlight this unique type of newbie!

Maybe someone can clarify that a bit better?

Old
Thu Sep 26, 2013, 02:55 PM
(#10)
Since: Feb 2011
I've thought about removing my avatar to just a plain background.

Avatars become noticeable and I'd rather just stay in the background. I just wish I'd have picked a name like bob34256 - which, I've been told, is an indication of a bad player. (reasoning is they don't put any thought into their username)

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Sep 26, 2013, 03:03 PM
(#11)
Baby avatars. HATE THEM!!! I'll usually right click on them and engage the "hide avatar" option.

I mean seriously,save for grandmothers,does ANYONE like looking at other peoples baby pics? Yeah,me neither. So why do these cretins feel compelled to force their kid's pics on us at the tables?

I will and have used this to my advantage though. Give me an obviously tiltable player who's going with the baby pic avatar and I'll invariably be typing something along the lines of...

"That's the ugliest dog (purposely "confusing" their baby for a dog really gets some peeps pissed)
I've ever seen."

or..."Man,that is one ugly kid,the doctor should have slapped you."

Stuff like that,infantile and in poor taste admittedly,but then so is showing your ugly ass kid's picture at the table.

Old
Thu Sep 26, 2013, 03:20 PM
(#12)
Since: Jan 2013

Copyright goes to Biggle10 from 2p2.

I almost get sick when I see a koala pic as an avatar, I guess everyone has their own least favourites.

Old
Thu Sep 26, 2013, 04:33 PM
(#13)
I've just seen a rather lame tiger one. Sat right next to him though is a cat wearing a hoodie!! <3

Old
Thu Sep 26, 2013, 04:59 PM
(#14)
On the flip side one of my favorite avatars ever was an American who played in the old PSO Skill League,before Black Friday.

It tied in with his user-name and was really rather clever,I thought.

The picture was a "selfie" of himself in blue body paint. His user name?

"IBlueMyself"

Old
Thu Sep 26, 2013, 06:13 PM
(#15)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
I read another good tip somewhere about cartoon characters giving an idea of someone's age. Pokemon/Dragonball etc indicates teenagers, Thundercats/He-Man indicates late 20s/30s
hmmm....what about video games?

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Sep 26, 2013, 06:21 PM
(#16)
Since: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
Baby avatars.
Insta-colour code them as a fish. Hi Grade b!

Actually, the avatars that I hate the most are the ones containing pocket aces, especially that monochrome photo of AA reflected in some guy's sunglasses.

Bracelet Winner

Last edited by ArtySmokesPS; Thu Sep 26, 2013 at 06:25 PM..

Old
Thu Sep 26, 2013, 06:26 PM
(#17)
Since: Jul 2010
What do you colour them if they have an avatar as some drunk guy.....hiccup?

Old
Thu Sep 26, 2013, 06:33 PM
(#18)
Since: Oct 2011
He's usually busto before I get the chance.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Sep 26, 2013, 06:34 PM
(#19)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Sat right next to him though is a cat wearing a hoodie!! <3

Old
Thu Sep 26, 2013, 07:03 PM
(#20)
Since: Oct 2012
lol i dont take no notice of avatars as they dont mean much, anyone can change their picture to represent anything they wanted u to think about them

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com