Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Good play/bad play

Old
Good play/bad play - Thu Sep 26, 2013, 03:28 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013
What do you think?

I thought he can call the flop and turn with draws 66 Ax 33 77 and some hands like 56hh AKhh AQhh and so on.

He can have over pairs as well and i dont know if he will raise two pair but he should be raising the flop with sets and the turn for sure, especially when the 2nd heart rolls off.

Anyway river comes i cant bet because he might call with his 2 pair and over pairs and im not sure i like shoving the river into him to get him off of those hands.

I think he might bet the river now with two pair and over pairs when i check and maybe his busted draws. So i decided if i check raise all in i can get those hands to fold, does anyone agree or was i playing like a monkey lol.

Sure he can have a slow played monster but would this be a profitable bluff.

Old
Thu Sep 26, 2013, 04:19 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Mike,

With no reads other than micro-stakes, bluffing is not profitable imo. Doesn't mean we should never bluff, but we should target our bluffs appropriately. Tight players/scared players (requires reads), and also targeting weak ranges. With that 2nd part in mind, you said:

Quote:
I think he might bet the river now with two pair and over pairs when i check....So i decided if i check raise all in i can get those hands to fold
One of the truths in poker is that you will not make money trying to get weak players to fold top pair or better. In micro stakes without any read, I'd err on the side of caution and put him in this category.

I much prefer the bet/fold line on the river, as the most common mistake at these levels will be calling errors. With your hand strength there's no reason to try and turn it into a bluff, just bet and get paid, and be comfortable folding when he shoves river, he probably slowplayed or made trip 4's.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Sep 26, 2013, 05:13 PM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2013
Ok cool im just playing around with diff stuff at the mo, im not trying to make money im just looking to try diff lines on that note though do you think i can get a decent player to fold those hands i said there?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com