Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5NL 6max Zoom- mistakes calling / folding

Old
5NL 6max Zoom- mistakes calling / folding - Thu Sep 26, 2013, 03:40 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2013
Did I do something wrong?

PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com

Button ($5.32)
SB ($5.26)
BB ($5)
Hero (UTG) ($5.12)
MP ($12.52)
CO ($2.65)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q, Q
Hero raises to $0.15, 3 folds, SB calls $0.13, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.35) 2, 6, K (2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks
Víllain: 3 hands, 67/50/0, WWSF =2/2

pre: standard
flop: for raise: QQ is scared for flush and A, for check: probably aggressive villain and lots of showdown value

turn: i cant really beat but bluff, however i have nut draw, if he has K or A there is no point of raising?

river: still possible bluff but A and K too scary.

Turn: ($0.35) A (2 players)
SB bets $0.16, Hero calls $0.16

River: ($0.67) 5 (2 players)
SB bets $0.48, Hero folds

Total pot: $0.67 | Rake: $0.03

Results below:
Click to show hidden text

Old
Thu Sep 26, 2013, 09:51 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
I think you played this one fine. I would generally check behind on the flop, as you're unlikely to get called by worse if you c-bet. You could also get two streets of value from worse pairs (e.g. TT-88) if you check the flop. The turn is a mixed blessing, as you now only have third pair, but you picked up the NFD. Calling a half pot bet is standard, but you're pretty much always losing. River fold looks fine to me. There's too much that beats you, and villain seems to be betting for value with that sizing. Since you lose to Ax, Kx and all flushes, the fold looks good. Well played, just a bad runout.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Sep 27, 2013, 02:12 AM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2012
Would have played it the same.

Old
Fri Sep 27, 2013, 06:27 AM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2013
Great ty!

Lost 1/3rd of my roll yesterday, that is my record! -> explains the paranoia

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com