Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll builder

Old
Bankroll builder - Thu Sep 26, 2013, 05:46 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2012
Hello! I want to take part in the Baknroll Builder Promotion!

Old
Thu Sep 26, 2013, 06:03 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Sep 27, 2013, 07:37 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by madforAA View Post
Hello! I want to take part in the Baknroll Builder Promotion!
Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
hand replayer - Fri Sep 27, 2013, 06:03 PM
(#4)
When i want to click the READ DATA BUTTON in the HAND REPLAYER, it doesn't work... i don't know why. What i do wrong? Thank you!

Old
Hand - Fri Sep 27, 2013, 09:10 PM
(#5)
Mâna PokerStars #104720509987: Hold'em No Limit (1/2) - 28/09/2013 0:59:12 EET [27/09/2013 17:59:12 ET]
Masa 'Lancelot IV' 6-max (Bani virtuali) Locul #3 este butonul
Locul 1: 777ai (136 în jetoane)
Locul 3: oknovevropu (176 în jetoane)
Locul 4: steposs (1772 în jetoane)
Locul 5: Vaun152 (625 în jetoane)
steposs: pune small blind 1
Vaun152: pune big blind 2
*** CĂRŢI PERSONALE ***
777ai: dă fold
oknovevropu: dă call 2
steposs: dă raise 6 la 8
Vaun152: dă call 6
oknovevropu: dă call 6
*** FLOP *** [3s Jd 2d]
steposs: dă bet 2
Vaun152: dă call 2
oknovevropu: dă call 2
*** TURN *** [3s Jd 2d] [Ts]
steposs: dă check
Vaun152: dă fold
oknovevropu: dă check
*** RIVER *** [3s Jd 2d Ts] [Th]
steposs: dă check
oknovevropu: dă check
*** SHOW DOWN ***
steposs: arată [9c Ac] (o pereche de Decari)
oknovevropu: ascunde mâna
steposs a colectat 29 din pot
*** SUMAR ***
Pot total 30 | Rake 1
Masa [3s Jd 2d Ts Th]
Locul 1: 777ai a dat fold înainte de Flop (nu a dat bet)
Locul 3: oknovevropu (buton) a ascuns cărţile
Locul 4: steposs (small blind) a arătat [9c Ac] şi a câştigat (29) cu o pereche de Decari
Locul 5: Vaun152 (big blind) a dat fold pe Turn

Old
Poker Basic Course - Fri Sep 27, 2013, 09:18 PM
(#6)
Poker Basic Course is passed.

Old
Sat Sep 28, 2013, 06:39 AM
(#7)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
When i want to click the READ DATA BUTTON in the HAND REPLAYER, it doesn't work... i don't know why. What i do wrong? Thank you!
The hand replayer will only accept hands in English (This is the English school)

Please set your language settings on PokerStars to English and then paste the hand using the hand replayer.

We can ONLY ACCEPT hands that are posted using the hand replayer so it's important that you do this otherwise we won't be able to credit you with any bonuses

Cheers,
Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
This is the hand i want to post! - Sat Sep 28, 2013, 07:52 AM
(#8)

Old
3 steps - Sat Sep 28, 2013, 07:54 AM
(#9)
All 3 steps are completed. Thank you!

Old
Sat Sep 28, 2013, 12:30 PM
(#10)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Sep 28, 2013, 01:01 PM
(#11)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi madforAA!

This promotion is for FULL RING. Please play the 9 player tables and not 6-max tables.

One thing that I see is before the hand even starts. Whenever sitting at a ring table, I always wait for the BB to start playing. Paying extra blinds over and over will be a huge problem for a player's bankroll.

With KQo from UTG, I get a limp in front of me (the posted blind). If this were a full ring table, I would not even want to be in the hand with KQo from UTG, as it's too weak, so I would want to fold it. But, since it's a 6-max table and the blind is already posted, I'll make a standard raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper or 8 chips.
I then get two calls and an abnormally large raise to 52 (a standard raise for them would be to between 3X the previous bet and a pot-sized raise). This raise is then called by the BB. While KQo does have some potential, it's nowhere near strong enough to call here against multiple opps and due to this, I need to fold it. I would shove with KK or QQ and maybe, possibly, with AK. All other hands with a king or queen are way too weak to do this with.

When playing from out of position, I only want to play premium hands and all marginal ones need to be mucked as being out of position is a HUGE disadvantage postflop.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Bankroll? - Sat Sep 28, 2013, 03:06 PM
(#12)
And the bankroll? Thank you!

Old
Sat Sep 28, 2013, 04:54 PM
(#13)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Bracelet Winner

Old
Big Bet - Sat Sep 28, 2013, 05:44 PM
(#14)
A player may want to make a big bet :
1. To protect against strong draws
2. To gain value for very strong hands
3. To put a lot off pressure on opponents

Old
hand replayer - Sun Oct 06, 2013, 06:37 PM
(#15)

Old
steps completed - Sun Oct 06, 2013, 06:38 PM
(#16)
All 3 steps are completed. Waiting for my bankroll. Thank you!

Old
Mon Oct 07, 2013, 05:54 AM
(#17)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
All 3 steps are completed. Waiting for my bankroll. Thank you!
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Oct 07, 2013, 12:56 PM
(#18)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi madforAA! I'll analyse the hand in post #15.

With A2o in the big blind, faced with a raise by an early position open, I'd usually fold. This hand is one that beginners lose more money with than any other. All ragged aces are trouble hands, because they have kicker trouble. I think it's a good idea to follow Roland's advice and ask yourself what are you hoping to flop? If you hit an ace, you'll only get action from better hands (such as AT+), as worse hands than yours won't put money in the pot. It just doesn't have a positive expectation to play this hand, especially when you're out of position in the blinds, so I recommend folding pre-flop.
As played, you called, and actually get a reasonably good flop. On 443, you have a gutshot and an overcard, so if villain has an overpair like TT+ (a reasonable suggestion, given that he raised in early position) you have 7 outs to beat it. You're not beating any made hands, however (indeed, KQs is the only "likely" holding that you're ahead of) so I would be very cautious here. You checked to the raiser, which is standard, but when he bet about half pot, you made a check-raise to 18c, when a call or a fold is better. This raise is clearly a semi-bluff, but it's not a good one, because villain will hardly ever fold to the raise. The problem is you're repping such a narrow range on this board. You're very unlikely to hold a 4 or a 3, so if you had a made hand it's more likely to be something like 88-55. If villain has a big overpair, he's beating your range. Naturally, he calls, and I would think he has TT+ almost always, unless he just can't bring himself to fold AK with his short stack.
As luck would have it, you hit a 4-outer and turn the wheel straight. Since you raised the flop, you should now bet the turn, as you should be looking to get paid for your big hand. You're now beating villain's entire range, so you should be trying to win his stack. If villain has TT+, he won't be able to fold, so make a value bet. Here, the right amount would be 36c to put him all in. Checking like you did is "fancy play syndrome" and it can be counter-productive. What do you do if villain checks behind? If he has a pocket pair, he could hit his two-outer and make a full house for free. Get some value for your hand by betting, not by checking! Fortunately, the villain decides to shove it in anyway, so you can naturally call. His hand isn't shown, but I presume he had an overpair that wasn't JJ/55, as those would have made a boat.
You got a nice result here, but try not to be results-oriented. At the lowest stakes, the best lines to take are often quite straightforward, by which I mean you fold trash hands, you don't make many bluffs, but you bet for value when you think you have the best hand. You won't hit gutshot draws very often, so it can be suicidal to make raises with them. If you have ace high and only a weak draw, you should usually fold to any bet of half pot or more, especially when out of position.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Bankroll? - Mon Oct 07, 2013, 03:39 PM
(#19)
And the Bankroll? Thank you!

Old
Mon Oct 07, 2013, 03:55 PM
(#20)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
And the Bankroll? Thank you!
Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com