Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5 NL zoom 6max - Did I miss a betting round?

Old
5 NL zoom 6max - Did I miss a betting round? - Fri Sep 27, 2013, 01:11 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2013
Villain: 143 hands, reg aggressive tag, 22/18/6, AF=8

Did I miss one betting round on turn or on river?

Pre: standard

Flop: standard

Turn: raising: I probably has best hand, and would get a call from Ax, checking: he is aggressive, he called A-hi flop he has something or bluf but nothing major when not raising

River: raising small, no idea what he has or what to do. Calling is most logical thing to do though - for me that is.

PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php

Button ($32.44)
SB ($4.38)
BB ($5.80)
UTG ($5.48)
MP ($5.67)
Hero (CO) ($11.57)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K, A
2 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, 2 folds, BB calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.32) 8, 3, A (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $0.20, BB calls $0.20

Turn: ($0.72) 6 (2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($0.72) 9 (2 players)
BB bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30

Total pot: $1.32 | Rake: $0.05

Old
Fri Sep 27, 2013, 01:30 PM
(#2)
Since: Mar 2012
Personally I wouldn't try to induce bluffs from him unless he has a smallish wtsd%. Else I just bet 3 streets for value here.

Old
Fri Sep 27, 2013, 03:12 PM
(#3)
I wasn't really trying to induce bluffs, just thinking he is not strong enough to call 3 streets. My plan shattered on river, where he made a very annoying bet. His WTS=2/18

Last edited by braveslice; Fri Sep 27, 2013 at 03:58 PM..

Old
Fri Sep 27, 2013, 08:46 PM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2011
The flop is so dry that I'd sometimes actually check back in position against half-decent players, as you'll rarely get three streets from worse if you come out firing. If you check back, then hands like TT-88 will pay you off on later streets. As played, a pot-control line of bet-check-bet is also fine. Here the villain bets out on the river, and he'll do this with worse aces and underpairs, as well as random hands that sucked out a set, two pairs, or a straight. Calling is the only good option.
There's nothing really wrong with your line at all. If villain was more stationy, then bet-bet-bet would be best. But putting money in the pot on two streets against a 22/18 is about the best you can hope for with one pair. Nice hand.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Sep 28, 2013, 05:10 AM
(#5)
Ty, I'm happy to hear.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com