Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

25nl zoom A7s 3bet pot

Old
25nl zoom A7s 3bet pot - Fri Sep 27, 2013, 08:51 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
BronzeStar
Its vs a reg 25/22/4,4 AF fold to 3bet 75%

So pretty much im interested to hear if there is a way to play this kind of hand better than just bet-bet-give up, im thinking check-shove to have the most fold eq but our hand its pretty face up, but if it induces some bluffs we might just take it right there some of the times.

Also im happy of my bet size on flop, but not very with the turn, what would it be a good bet size, maybe $6?

PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com/

saw flop | saw showdown

Button ($77.16)
SB ($58.10)
Hero (BB) ($26.60)
UTG ($26.34)
MP ($63.26)
CO ($30.89)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, 7
2 folds, CO raises to $0.75, 2 folds, Hero raises to $2.50, CO calls $1.75

Flop: ($5.10) 6, 3, 2 (2 players)
Hero bets $2.80, CO calls $2.80

Turn: ($10.70) 2 (2 players)
Hero bets $6.80, CO calls $6.80

River: ($24.30) 4 (2 players)
Hero checks, CO checks

Total pot: $24.30 | Rake: $1.09

Results below:
Click to show hidden text

P.S. Check QQ there, what a NIT.

Old
Sat Sep 28, 2013, 08:26 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi Carlos,

I don't mind 3betting our hand preflop, but I also don't mind defending our BB by calling here with a suited Ace. Vs a steal range, hitting an Ace on the flop will often win us the pot and we can take a x/r lines with our FDs too which will win us pot OTF or take a flip when they shove over our x/r.
Sometimes villains will check back bad flops to cbet and we can lead the turn to rep a PP and often they will fold.
As played, I think cbetting the flop is mandatory. But I'm not too happy with the turn card. We could barrel an A, K, Q, J, T, maybe a 9, 7, 5, 4 and ofcourse all clubs (Some of those hands will give us fold equity and others will add to our hand equity). Here, its a bit ambitious to bet I think because we have 24% to improve OTR and very minimal fold equity. So we might take a x/f line instead. But for your bet sizing concern, say the turn was 4h instead, I think id bet 1/2 pot to 6$ the most. I think a small bet sizing will achieve the same as a large bet size here. Whatever is folding will fold and whatever is calling will call. I might take a river shove on a heart or a K or Q. We can rep a heart flush with AhKh/AhQh, or a pair of King. Maybe.

Old
Sat Sep 28, 2013, 08:05 PM
(#3)
BronzeStar
Thanks Geo, I do sometimes i just call preflop with small Axs vs steals but depending on villain F3B, if they fold a lot like this reg i rather 3bet.

So check-shoving its out of te question for you here? if this because would be bad if he decides not to bet something like AK-A8 better hands than ours that can fold to a cbet?

Old
Sat Sep 28, 2013, 10:13 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaRLoS_DZ87 View Post
Its vs a reg 25/22/4,4 AF fold to 3bet 75%

So pretty much im interested to hear if there is a way to play this kind of hand better than just bet-bet-give up, im thinking check-shove to have the most fold eq but our hand its pretty face up, but if it induces some bluffs we might just take it right there some of the times.

P.S. Check QQ there, what a NIT.
LOL................. a NIT, I guess that's what you got to do to be a winning player

Is there another way of playing that hand? ....sure is
It's call check fold unless you really like to spew your money
Personally, I call pre flop and check fold if I don't catch

Old
Sun Sep 29, 2013, 05:33 AM
(#5)
Since: Feb 2013
My NL 25 friend would say here: there is no point of 2 barreling, either 3 barrel or only CB.

Btw, we did try that at 5 NL but we had soon give up doing that

Last edited by braveslice; Sun Sep 29, 2013 at 06:23 AM..

Old
Sun Sep 29, 2013, 07:08 AM
(#6)
Since: Jan 2013
Quote:
Thanks Geo, I do sometimes i just call preflop with small Axs vs steals but depending on villain F3B, if they fold a lot like this reg i rather 3bet.

So check-shoving its out of te question for you here? if this because would be bad if he decides not to bet something like AK-A8 better hands than ours that can fold to a cbet?
If hes folding alot of 3bets and calls you could just give up on that low flop because hes probably got alot of over pairs and AK.

Other than that you could check raise the turn and shove river with reads but i wouldn't check raise the 2 because he knows your less likely to have sets and he probably dont think your 3betting small pairs and suited connectors there anyway i doubt hes gonna put you on anything but an over pair or a bluff.

He was probably passive because he was scared of AA and KK i would like to see myself shove my QQ on river if i was him but i would chicken out even if i thought my read was good.

Old
Sun Sep 29, 2013, 07:15 AM
(#7)
Since: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap777 View Post
LOL................. a NIT, I guess that's what you got to do to be a winning player

Is there another way of playing that hand? ....sure is
It's call check fold unless you really like to spew your money
Personally, I call pre flop and check fold if I don't catch
How would you play the flop?

Its a pretty good flop for our hand and because we never 3 bet villains range is much wider and so is ours so if we check raise flop and barrel the turn his QQ are gonna look pretty weak now.

Just wondering how you go about your line ive had enough of my high variance play at my stakes these bluffs just don't payoff there break even, even though i win more bluffs than i lose.

Old
Sun Sep 29, 2013, 11:57 AM
(#8)
Since: Sep 2012
25nl regs should fold 77-JJ to a triple barrel on boards like this but i think his calling range OTT won't be folding the river so giving up is fine here.

Last edited by birdayy; Sun Sep 29, 2013 at 12:05 PM..

Old
Sun Sep 29, 2013, 12:07 PM
(#9)
Since: Oct 2010
Quote:

Yea, I think as the preflop aggressor I'd prefer cbetting here. x/shoving isn't a bad option tbh if we are the caller because I think with our hand we benefit by seeing both turn and river or no turn at all.
By taking a flop check line, villain can check back many hands here and then what do we do if the turn blanks? Do we bet/fold? I think with that line we can get bluffed a lot OTT as we really can't rep much once they check back and we lead a blank. Would you be check/raising this flop with AA? I think not. So I like to keep my lines balanced even though most opponents won't be exploiting us often, but I'd take lines that are... well, not necessarily easier but does not put me in a guessing mode on later streets.

Old
Sun Sep 29, 2013, 02:06 PM
(#10)
BronzeStar
Geo,
I do agree that once that flop goes check-check we can't bet, but we can still check-call depending on the bet size he makes, a $3 into $5.10 pot gives us 27% to call which isn't far from our eq vs pairs and we still have A high vs the hands that would bluff us on the turn and might give up on the river.

And thinking about it, him checking back QQ isn't passive, because once i check back river my hands looks like what it its, and he isn't getting value from that but i might have here sometimes JJ-TT.

Thanks All.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com