Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

NLH 50cent 45 man turbo #2

Old
NLH 50cent 45 man turbo #2 - Sat Sep 28, 2013, 08:15 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2012
ChromeStar
REALLY?!

Seriously! people like him really get to me!

I know I didn't have anything but come on!

I'm not making excuses, I didn't really need to put myself in that situation but I think I got donked out here, he's got to give me respect here surely!

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...791_5B80EC4A6D

Old
Sat Sep 28, 2013, 10:17 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi BUTTCHIN0707!

With 89o from the hijack early in the tourney, I'm going to open fold here. The blinds are still small enough that the players behind me are likely to stay and I don't want to have to play this from out of position. Later in the tourney, I may open it from here, but not early. It's too much of a risk.

If I was in the hand (which I would NOT be), I see a flop that totally misses me, out of position in a 3-way pot. I absolutely need to check/fold here. A standard c-bet would need to be 2/3 pot and this early in the tourney, it's not worth it to try to bluff, as all the calling stations are still in. Save the bluffs for a realistic situation against the better players later in the tourney... do not do them early while the stations are still in. Early, the key is to value bet, not to bluff, as bluffing in any microstake buy-in tourney early is just like 2NL... bluffing will accomplish only one thing, to get the player in deep trouble because the opps will NOT fold.

The keys here are to avoid marginal hands when out of position and to value bet, not to bluff.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Sep 28, 2013, 12:04 PM
(#3)
Since: May 2012
ChromeStar
Thanks John,

Makes soo much sense, I feel like I should really know that and feel pretty stupid for doing it haha

thanks

Old
Sat Sep 28, 2013, 04:30 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
[QUOTE=BUTTCHIN0707;450484]

...he's got to give me respect here surely!

Good luck with that concept in a nano-stakes game.

You can't bluff someone who's not paying attention."--David Mamet

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com