Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll

Old
Bankroll - Sat Sep 28, 2013, 11:57 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2013
Hi, I want to participate to bankrolln builder.

Old
Sat Sep 28, 2013, 12:25 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoshdk View Post
Hi, I want to participate to bankrolln builder.
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Please read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Sep 29, 2013, 07:53 AM
(#3)
(Community Coordinator)
Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
bankroll builder - Mon Sep 30, 2013, 02:53 PM
(#4)

What is your opinion about?

Old
Mon Sep 30, 2013, 07:44 PM
(#5)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Oct 01, 2013, 03:05 AM
(#6)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:

What is your opinion about?
Hi dragoshdk!

Interesting hand! Be aware that you were very fortunate here. The line you chose is not the best for play money. One of the most common traits of players on play money and 2NL is that they don't fold. This makes bluffing difficult since you typically have to actually win the hand at showdown. Bluffing becomes unprofitable; whereas, straight forward value betting becomes extremely profitable for the same reason. You can value bet your strong hands (sets or better) and usually expect to get paid by worse hands.

Here you have A7s. I would actually fold preflop, or perhaps call behind. Ask yourself what are you hoping to flop with this hand? You wont be drawing to a straight. A 7 will rarely be top pair. A flush draw would be good. And if you flop an A, you run a very real risk of encountering an oppoinent with an A and a better kicker than yours. In other words your hand is tough to play postflop and rates to normally win a small pot or lose a big one. Raising as you did builds the pot, but does not improve your situation by isolating the limper.

You miss the flop and turn completely, but bet each street. Again, this is giving away your money. Ask yourself what are you hoping to accomplish by betting. Are you betting with value with ace high and a low kicker against multiple opponents? Are you bluffing expecting all of the opponents to fold? Remember, villains dont fold too often at play money tables.

On the river, you get a lucky card. However you only have middle pair. Now you have some showdown value. You should try to get to the showdown cheaply and hope your opponent doesn't have a better pair or Kx hand. Moving all risks getting value owned since there is a good chance that only the hands that will call you are the hands that have you beat.

Look through the hand again. You risk more and more of your stack on every street with nothing but high card and finally middle pair on the river in a situation with multiple opponents. This is a very high risk low reward approach! Try to focus on betting for value and cutting out the pure bluffs like this hand. Value betting is the way to make money at 2NL

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Tue Oct 01, 2013, 05:39 AM
(#7)
(Community Coordinator)
Super!

Let us know as soon as you pass the Poker Basic Quiz

Cheers,
Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Oct 03, 2013, 09:53 AM
(#8)
Hi, I have passed the test

Old
Fri Oct 04, 2013, 06:32 AM
(#9)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi, I have passed the test
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Bracelet Winner

Old
QQ vs AK - Fri Oct 04, 2013, 03:33 PM
(#10)

Old
Fri Oct 04, 2013, 03:52 PM
(#11)
List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

-to put pressure on opponents
-to bluff people of decent hands
-to protect against strong draws

Old
Sat Oct 05, 2013, 06:43 AM
(#12)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Oct 05, 2013, 01:58 PM
(#13)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi dragoshdk! I'll analyse the hand in post #10.

This one's a bit a cooler, meaning both players made "standard" plays and the result was largely due to luck, but I'd sometimes take a different line to the one you took. Raising to 3bb with QQ UTG is fine, but the 3-bet re-raise by the big blind is concerning. Since you opened in early position, a competent villain will recognise you have a strong hand. A re-raise therefore indicates he has a very strong hand himself. My play here would largely depend on a read. If the villain has been playing very tight, I would expect him to show up with KK+ quite often, and would usually just call to see if I can flop a set of trips. I'd even consider folding if villain is particularly tight. If he's been more loose and aggressive, then I'd commit to getting all in pre-flop if possible, because hands like AK, AQ and JJ - and maybe even some much worse hands - would be in his range. You decided to 4-bet, and that's OK. Your sizing is a bit big however. Villain made it 18c and you re-popped it to 61c, when something like 45c is quite sufficient. One thing that your large re-raise does is that it commits you to the pot. When villain 5-bets, it looks a lot like KK/AA, but you've put too much of your stack in to fold now. You have to shove because of the pot odds and the chance he has AK. You're a slight favourite with QQ vs AK, but villain spikes an ace on the flop this time, so drags the pot.
When building a bankroll, I'd recommend being a little more cautious. Although QQ is the third best starting hand in poker, it's not one you should frequently go all in with pre-flop on a full ring table. If you get into a raising war, then you'll usually be up against a range of QQ+/AK and you'll only win about 40% of the time. You got your money in as a favourite this time, but in the long run, you're probably better off only going all in with KK/AA. Try seeing a flop with QQ, so you can evaluate if you're ahead or behind more easily. Then you'll be able to lose the minimum when the flop is bad for your hand, but still win a big pot if you have a set or an overpair.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Oct 06, 2013, 02:56 PM
(#14)
Hi,

Thanks for the advice. I have passed the Cash game quiz. What s next?

Old
Mon Oct 07, 2013, 06:05 AM
(#15)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi,
Thanks for the advice. I have passed the Cash game quiz. What s next?
Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Oct 08, 2013, 04:13 PM
(#16)

Hi,

What do you think about my play? What has to be done in this situatuion?

Old
Tue Oct 08, 2013, 06:09 PM
(#17)
(Community Coordinator)

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Oct 10, 2013, 06:49 AM
(#18)
(Community Coordinator)
Hello,

We will analyse the hand above later today. No need to post any more hands for now, sorry about the delay.

Cheers,
Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Oct 10, 2013, 02:03 PM
(#19)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:

Hi,

What do you think about my play? What has to be done in this situatuion?
Hi dragoshdk!

AK is often a tough hand to play! Preflop you are facing an under the gun raise. Did you have a read on this guy? Tighter players typically open from this position with the top end of their range. Calling can be ok, or 3betting as you did. Personally, I tend to 3bet because it gains you the initiative which helps ofset the fact that you are out of position. If the villain folds that is a good result. However, your 3b is a bit big. Stick to the standard 3x the original raise.

You flop top pair. Now what range do we put the villain on? Pocket pairs and Ax hands make up most of his range. With Ax you are presumably either tying vs AK or ahead against AQ or something. You are also beating all pairs except AA. Leading with a bet is ok since you keep the initiative. However, many of the hands you are beating are likely to fold. It may be better to check-call. The flop is pretty dry. So the only real threat is AA.

As played your bet size is fine. About half the pot is standard. The 9 on the turn is unlikely to help the villain. Therefore, betting nearly the pot is a mistake that will normally get you value owned. All the hands you are beating QQ, KK, AQ etc are more likely to fold. Only the hands beating you AA, a set of 9s will continue. I would have lead out with between 50% to 70% of the pot. Or, you could check-call as above on the flop. Check-calling keeps the villain's range wide.

As played, you make a big bet and get raised all in. This is rarely going to be a bluff. You may be splitting against another AK, but you may also be facing a set. Unfortunately, you bet so large that you are pretty much priced in. You have to pay 75c for a chance to win a pot of more than 4 dollars. You only need to win the hand about 1 in 5.5 trys in order to make calling profitable. Calling, even though you are most likely behind is probably fine. Had you bet less, or check-called, the turn, then you wouldn't be in this predicament.

Top pair top kicker hands such as you AK here are strong, but you only have a pair. Typically you should not go for a bet-bet-bet line. I prefer to slow down on at least one street. Usually the turn.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Fri Oct 11, 2013, 07:06 AM
(#20)
(Community Coordinator)
Brilliant,

Your Bankroll Builder progress is moving along nicely and you will receive your 3rd bonus later today!

Step Three

Now we really want you to up your game! Your challenge is to earn 10 VPPs after getting today's buy-in.

Note that any VPPs that you have earned up to this point won't count, only those earned AFTER you get your 3rd buy-in.

When you hit your target of 10 VPPs we will award you with your final Bankroll Builder bonus. Let us know when you reach the target.

Also, if you make a deposit at this stage we will also award you with your final bonus.

Best of Luck at the tables and let us know as soon as you have earned the 10 VPPs or if you make a deposit.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com