Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

Ranging the stealer?

Old
Ranging the stealer? - Sun Sep 29, 2013, 04:10 AM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2013
Hi guys,

This question is about ranging your opponent.

2nl full ring Zoom.Tight player 14/12 open raises from the cut-off say 30% (% they try to steal)

From this number do we put them on a PFR of 30%?

Hero on the button 3-bets with an Axs blocker say A2s.

If villain calls what stats should we use to try and put them on range they would call with to see a flop. I know, for instance, that villain is more
Than likely going to 4bet or shove with AA, KK so I think we could take those out.

Do we look at the times villain folds to a 3bet overall stat, or are there flaws in looking at that stat? I guess it would be best to look at the fold to 3bet from the cut-off,
But I think the majority of time you won't have enough reads on villain especially
in zoom.

If villain continues , i.e calls a 3 bet, then what boards should we make a continuation bet on?

If an ace comes out on the board, we make a cbet, villain calls then I think we should be giving up if there are no FDs or SDs, since they would more than likely have an ace that dominates the hero.

Does all what I have said sound correct?

Cheers,

Pullin

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com