Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

$1.50 90 KO hand ranging...

Old
$1.50 90 KO hand ranging... - Mon Sep 30, 2013, 12:35 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2011
My main question here is what ranges are we putting villains on...

Villain_8: 8/8 (74 hands)
Villain_9: 27/0 (23 hands)

Villain 8 is on 13 BB, so I expect them to be fairly wide here even though they are only 8/8. So Ax, Kx, 66-88s on the lower end and possibly some broadways (QJs QTs??). When they raise, I'm happy to call.

Then the flat by Villain_9. That's a strong pair TT+, AK, AQ? I'm at the lower end of their pair range and that flat really scares me. If I have QQ, I might call and I'm getting it all in if there is no A or K on the flop. Having said that, not sure that I'm calling if the Villain_9 reshoves?

One of those hands which seems to be on the edge of my current decision tree and a little confused as to the right line...

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Sep 30, 2013, 03:13 AM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2013
I don't think villain8 is as wide as you expect him to be.
I would say 55+, AJs+, AQo+ and maybe KQs would be my estimation.
Villain9 has to be very tight there JJ+, AQs+ and AKo seems logical as a range for him.
I am usually folding TT and calling with QQ+, AKo.
Or I am just a nit.

Old
Mon Sep 30, 2013, 03:19 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturnation View Post
My main question here is what ranges are we putting villains on...

Villain_8: 8/8 (74 hands)
Villain_9: 27/0 (23 hands)

Villain 8 is on 13 BB, so I expect them to be fairly wide here even though they are only 8/8. So Ax, Kx, 66-88s on the lower end and possibly some broadways (QJs QTs??). When they raise, I'm happy to call.

Then the flat by Villain_9. That's a strong pair TT+, AK, AQ? I'm at the lower end of their pair range and that flat really scares me. If I have QQ, I might call and I'm getting it all in if there is no A or K on the flop. Having said that, not sure that I'm calling if the Villain_9 reshoves?

One of those hands which seems to be on the edge of my current decision tree and a little confused as to the right line...
I think TT is behind there, because of their stats, I don't think V8 will have broadway often enough, I call his shove for sure but against two opps I fold TT there. 20bb is a good stack for SNG. and there's not a call option against V9 with QQ. With QQ+ I shove .

Old
Mon Sep 30, 2013, 05:56 AM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2012
There is at least one overpair between V8 and V9. I'd probably fold with 23bb and look for a better spot.

Old
Tue Oct 01, 2013, 09:30 AM
(#5)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shichi-77 View Post
I think TT is behind there, because of their stats, I don't think V8 will have broadway often enough, I call his shove for sure but against two opps I fold TT there. 20bb is a good stack for SNG. and there's not a call option against V9 with QQ. With QQ+ I shove .
Hi Saturnation

I think that villain 8 has a wide range but not quite as wide as you think especially given that he doesn't have much fold equity and he's playing 8/8 over 74 hands so I'd range him something like 66+,A7s+,KTs+,QJs,A9o+,KJo+ and adjust the range accordingly given his stats.

Villain 9 should have a tight range so I'd expect something like TT+,AQs+,AQo+ but then again he is playing 27/0 so we could loosen his range a bit, maybe add in 99/AJs/QKs.

I think it's going to be best to fold the hand but if we have reads that player 9 is a bit of a fish and likes to call all ins light then I would consider getting it all in but the reads we have on player 9 must be fairly strong to consider that.

Cheers, Chris.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com