Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

[CL] Bankroll Builder

Old
Arrow
[CL] Bankroll Builder - Mon Sep 30, 2013, 06:42 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2013
Hi I am interested in poker school online and would like to take part in the new bankroll builder.

Old
Mon Sep 30, 2013, 09:00 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hphillips999 View Post
Hi I am interested in poker school online and would like to take part in the new bankroll builder.
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Please read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Oct 01, 2013, 01:21 AM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2010
Hi,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!
NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.
Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basics Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.
So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Oct 01, 2013, 03:11 AM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2013

In this hand with 98o on the button i figured it was worth a raise to the loose opening limper on the button to 4x the bb. 2 others call and after the flop I don't connect at all. The opening limper puts out a pot size bet and i figure he's trying to take down the pot so i thought that by investing another 110 i could see where i was in the hand. On the turn with such a small bet i detect weakness and while i might not be ahead, i think i can definitely get him off of his hand. I raise him, and finally on the river i put out a bet and he folds.

I have also watch the "Getting started video" and completed the basics test.

I have therefore completed all three parts

EDIT: I have just realised i have not taken the quiz yet but i tried to take it but it says something is wrong with my account?

Last edited by hphillips999; Tue Oct 01, 2013 at 09:28 AM..

Old
Wed Oct 02, 2013, 02:43 AM
(#5)
Hi,

Hand Analysis

I like your thought process throughout this hand, although this is a hand that we generally do not want to be isolating a loose passive villain with even in position, even though a limping range is perceived as a weak range. Generally we would want to be isolating them with decent value hands JT+ QT+ KTs+ AT+ 99+ etc.. and the reason for this is because we have a few more villains left to act behind us, if we get 3bet from the blinds we would ideally want to see a flop having a positional advantage with the range mentioned above and this hand wont be flopping strong enough of the time for it to profitable in the long run versus a tight 3bet range.

Post flop, the villain could be leading with such a wide range here on the flop, it's unlikely that they have top pair on such a dry board texture, so their leading range is going to be very weak here, something like 7x betting for protection and thin value from high card floats, or basically just random air. We can float here and re-evaluate our course of action on the turn just as you did.

On the turn, from here on out consider min bets as a check. The king peeling on the turn is an ultiamate scare card to the Q or 7 and our flatting range on the flop could look something like this KQ QJ AK KJ KT KK etc.. We could elect to raise here on the turn as it's plausible the villain has complete air or do a double float and try to take the pot down in the river.

Food for thought, when you start playing for real money at the micro stakes, there is really no need to be bluffing at 2nl to be profitable, just focus on playing value hands. When your poker schemata has developed through trial and error or via the content available here at PokerSchool and you've moved up in stakes, then consider bluffing as an attribute to play winning poker.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Last edited by CannonLee; Wed Oct 02, 2013 at 02:46 AM..

Old
Wed Oct 02, 2013, 02:45 AM
(#6)
Please >>click here<< to take the Poker Basics Quiz. If you are still encountering an error message, email support@pokercshoolonline.com let them know what is going on and they'll get you sorted out.

I'm looking forward to coaching you!

CannonLee

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com