Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

[CL] Bankroll Builder | | | |

Old
Arrow
[CL] Bankroll Builder | | | | - Mon Sep 30, 2013, 09:51 AM
(#1)
Deleted user
I want to take part in the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Old
Mon Sep 30, 2013, 10:08 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted user View Post
I want to take part in the Bankroll Builder promotion.
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Please read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Oct 01, 2013, 01:21 AM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2010
Hi,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!
NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.
Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basics Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.
So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Bankroll Builder - Runnin'Blues - Tue Oct 01, 2013, 08:44 PM
(#4)
Deleted user
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Doyle Brunson would be proud.

Old
Bankroll Builder - Runnin'Blues - Tue Oct 01, 2013, 09:08 PM
(#5)
Deleted user
I passed Poker Basic Quiz.

Old
Wed Oct 02, 2013, 02:22 AM
(#6)
Hi,

Hand Analysis

At a full ring 9-max table, this is generally a hand that we rally do not want to be inflating the pot with, especially simnce we will be a at postional disadvantage post. None the less, even short handed, the pot should be kept small pre-flop. There are just to many combos of Tx that have us beat pre-flop, AT KT QT JT T9 T8 T7 T6 T5 T4 T3 TT and that is not even including other strong none made hands or premium pocket pairs.

Post flop, being the pre-flop aggressor we can continuation bet this board, but expect to get called a high percentage of the time with so many players involved in the pot. These middling type of board textures just hit such a wide range of holdings, whether the villain's are on a draw or hold a legitimate made hand. On the turn, I would not be to concerned about a flush getting there, although it's still plausible one of the villains does have a combo..but generally those type of holdings are going to consist of a small portion of just about every players overall range as it's difficult to get those type of holdings and the percentage of the time that we flop a 2 card flush draw is very minmal. As played on the turn, the stack to pot ratio is set up perfectly and as mentioned above there are several hands to get value from Jx, Tx, over pairs, stry diamond combos etc.. Nice pot and nice hand.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Wed Oct 02, 2013, 02:23 AM
(#7)
Excellent!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.
Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game Course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks completed and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Old
Bankroll Builder - Runnin'Blues - Wed Oct 02, 2013, 08:06 AM
(#8)
Deleted user
1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer

Old
Wed Oct 02, 2013, 08:10 AM
(#9)
Deleted user
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.

Question:
List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Answer:
Players may want to make big bets:
- To put a lot of pressure on opponents
- To bluff people off decent hands
- To gain value from very strong hands

Old
Bankroll Builder - Runnin'Blues - Wed Oct 02, 2013, 08:39 AM
(#10)
Deleted user
I'm sorry, my last uploaded hand wasn't on full ring table so I decided to upload a new one.
Hope you can give some thoughts on this one.

Old
Bankroll Builder - Runnin'Blues - Thu Oct 03, 2013, 03:02 AM
(#11)
Deleted user
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

I have passed the Cash game quiz.

Old
Thu Oct 03, 2013, 02:06 PM
(#12)
Hi,

Hand Analysis

Did you have any specific reads about this villains tendencies and known showdown ranges?

We have a 50bb stack depth, which is certainly deep enough for post flop maneuverability to set mine. I like that you opened 3x the big blind pre-flop, this will help to ensure a pot is built and will give you the initiative in the pot.

Post flop, a good general rule of thumb for bet sizing is 2/3 to 3/4 pot size (need to take stack depths and board texture into consideration), as this will help to build the stack to pot ratio and ensure we are getting value with our made hands. On the turn and river, I would have bet again for value (Ax Kx Qx with a stray diamond will call and maybe even raise all in as a semi bluff, or slow played over pairs), two card flush combos are going to be such a small portion of just about every players range as it's difficult to be dealt those type of hands. This is an unfortunate outcome to this hand, consider a cooler.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Thu Oct 03, 2013, 02:07 PM
(#13)
Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Old
Bankroll Builder - Runnin'Blues - Thu Oct 03, 2013, 05:11 PM
(#14)
Deleted user
Unfortunately I lost everything before I collect 10 VPPs, can you please introduce me to the next step.

Old
Fri Oct 04, 2013, 12:16 PM
(#15)
Hi,

Hand Analysis

Sitting on a 50bb stack depth this hand is strong enough to be opening from early position. Bet sizing is very important especially in a no limit game, 2/3 to 3/4 pot size is the optimal amount. Post flop we do not really need to worry about balance versus the majority of players at these stakes by betting 1/2 pot size, as generally they will call larger sizing when they are chasing draws anyway. On the turn we have just over a pot sized bet left and if we make it the standard sizing of 3/4 pot for value it may fold out all of this villains none nut flush combos (which we actually want them to call and chase as the villains equity would be marginal) or get value from pocket pairs 77 88 99 TT and quite possibly induce Ax high card. On the river, relative hand strength on most board texures at a full ring table is usually weighted towards top pair or better, when the flush comes in on the river I may check fold if I reads about this villains tendencies.

Hand Analysis

On this short stack depth it's extremely difficult to play post flop poker. Although this hand is still certainly strong enough to be playing from this position, we'll often feel uncomfortable on most board textures that contain over cards.

Post flop, I would have continuation bet just as you did, but would have given up on the turn and river to save bets as we have do have some thin showdown value versus a broadway draw or worse pocket pairs. We are only going to get called by better here, Qx QT QJ KQ, Ax A2 A3 A4 A5 A6 A7 A8 A9 AT AJ AQ AK, sixteen combos of each hand.

Hand Analysis

We have blockers to pocket aces and kings and those two hands are the only holdings that we would be in bad shape against. On this stack depth all we can really do is 3bet all in pre-flop as our stack depth is just to small to be playing post flop poker. There is a very good chance that one fo the villains may have a range of worse Ax AQ AJ AT A9 all of which we would be ahead of by a mile or pocket pairs QQ JJ TT 99 88 77 all of which we are in a coin flip situation 50/50.

Unfortunate outcome to all fo these hands, but do not be discouraged about losing a buy-in as it's extremely standard.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Fri Oct 04, 2013, 12:18 PM
(#16)
Your third Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target.

2) If you lose your 3rd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.

3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Old
Bankroll Builder - Runnin'Blues - Fri Oct 04, 2013, 04:41 PM
(#17)
Deleted user
I didn't make it to the 10 VPPs...

Old
Sun Oct 06, 2013, 03:59 AM
(#18)
Deleted user
I lost my 3rd bonus and I posted my losing hands. Can you introduce me through the next step, please.

Old
Sun Oct 06, 2013, 05:15 AM
(#19)
Hi,

Hand Analysis

Even though we are getting about 2 to 1 pot odds which may seem inticing, we actually do not have the correct pot odds (we would need to 16 to 1 pot odds upwards to 20 to 1 to profitably set mine) to be cold calling here to try and set mine coupled with the fact that we will be at positional disadvantage post flop.

Post flop, this is such a dry board texture and given the villains pre-flop raise sizing over a limp, it would be safe to say they could have a range of 88 99 TT JJ QQ KK AA with the few exceptions of AK AQ AJs. I'd prefer maybe check calling one street for pot control as we have thin showdown value versus Ax high (as I do not have reads of this villains tendencies) and give up to bets on future streets.

Hand Analysis

We may have got QJ to fold on the flop (although we would certainly want them to call, as we can get value from them) if we made it the standard sizing of 3x the villains bet sizing, 45c to 50c. Min raising is just going to induce light reverse floats, as generally a leading range is going to be weighted towards weak holdings, plus the villains stack depth is really deep to were they can affordable such a small raise they'd be close to priced in on a call and versus our known range their call is not even break even.

On the turn I wouldn't be to concerned about a flush, two card flush combos are a small part of just about every players range in terms of being dealt that kind of holding. We could bet>fold this turn card if raised, there are still several hand we can get value from 9x QQ JJ or Ax with a stray diamond.

Now the river is a really difficult spot, without reads i'd maybe fold to this villains bet, it appears they may be trying to make up for lost value on previous streets with quite possibly a set or better.

Hoipe this helps.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Sun Oct 06, 2013, 05:17 AM
(#20)
Congratulations!

As we have awarded you with all your Bankroll Builder buy-ins and you have successfully completed the promotion, good job!

You are always welcome to post any troublesome hands in the >>Hand Analysis<< section.

Also it is a good idea to review some of the content on >>Bankroll Management<< at this point.

Keep in touch with us and let us know how your poker journey continues.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com