Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

October Challenge

Old
October Challenge - Tue Oct 01, 2013, 01:26 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2012
Hello guys
The start of a new moth , the best time to start a new challenge

Last moth when i played i turned 20$ to 100$ , by playing 0,10cents 360 man , 0.25cents 45 man and some regular tourmanets with a lot players with 1.10 max buy in.

After making 100$ i kind a ended playing cash games , sit n go hyper turbos, tournaments with buy in that i should not play and had a big downswing

This time i restricted my limits so i can't end up losing money like that . Enough for the last moth.

Challenge to this moth i ll play :

-0.25$ - 45 man
-0.10$ - 360 man
-$100K priviliege freerol
-MTT tournaments with maximum 0,55$ buy in

Starting Bakroll:25$
(its 28 now after 1 session)
I can play 20-30 tournaments at same time so this is kind a good haha

see ya at the tables
GL

Old
Tue Oct 01, 2013, 04:30 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
BronzeStar
gl man

Triple Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Oct 01, 2013, 05:02 AM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2013
so the challenge is getting back to $100 before end of october, right?

good luck

Old
Tue Oct 01, 2013, 05:36 AM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2013
Good luck!
I would advice you to not take a lot of big buy in shots and to play slow structure mtt's since there is less variance on those.

Old
Tue Oct 01, 2013, 10:35 AM
(#5)
Well in some way yes , i ll be happy if i go to 100$ this moth. But if i dont also will not be a faiulure ,
the bigger challenge is to have discipline all moth and play only those limits without trying something new.

Old
Wed Oct 02, 2013, 01:51 AM
(#6)
I played today , 3 sessions in a row.
I was up to 31$ but the last sessions i played was terible, maked some mistakes, probally because i played a lot and i was kind a tired.

Had a good run yesterday in the 100K priviliege freerol , finished around 300place , from 7-8000 player.

Bankroll: 28$ again

It will be also cool if anyone reccomend me some articles to read ,book or some vidoes about 45players 0.25cents i ll appreciate it.

GL at the tables see ya

Last edited by Manowar1800; Wed Oct 02, 2013 at 01:58 AM..

Old
Thu Oct 03, 2013, 08:26 PM
(#7)
Played some tournaments this days it didnt gone well , beside the bad beats and losing evry good hand with runner runner .... this happen

it was too late to find another way to find net , so i jsut waited , it came back after 1 hour and i't was too late to finish the tournaments i was out from all of the 6 final tables

Bankroll: 21$

Old
Tue Oct 08, 2013, 05:51 PM
(#8)
Had some realy bad results on the 0.25$ 45 players , i was down to 10$ , but i wasnt worry since i know i still have the 0,10 cents 360p tournament i kind a have more experience on them.I played around 150-200 tournaments 0.10cents 360p this days and had a profit 16$.

I'm back on the begining again with the bankroll 26$, so the plan for this week is to play only the 0.10cents 360p tournaments , i have a good feeling that i will be at 50$ at the end of the week .

Also had some deep run in the 100K Priviliege freerol , finished around 60-70 place from 6-7000players , and finished 252 place on the 0.55 TheHotter Turbo.

Old
Thu Oct 10, 2013, 07:27 PM
(#9)
I checked on pokerprolabs my statistic about last 200 games and here is what it looks like :

Old
Fri Oct 11, 2013, 11:08 PM
(#10)
Had some interesting beat at the 100Kprivilege Freerooll

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...784_831F84031A

I usualy fold with pair of fours when some one raise but i had big stack , and also player 2, so i think it was good call. He played his aces realy realy tight, so i think that there was no way to dont go broke at this hand , i putted him on AK , AT , or A4, there was no way by the way he played to think that he have monster like that.

Would some one else played this hand diffirently ?

Old
Sun Oct 13, 2013, 10:24 PM
(#11)
I'm finishing this week wtih 20$ profit , so the bankroll is 30$ now. It's kind a less that i expected but i didnt played the number of tournaments (0,10c 360p) that i wanted to play. I played only around 270 tournamnets this week.

This week the challenge is to play more then 700 tournaments, i know its a lot but since i have free time it can be done after i finish this week, i will have a number of played more then 1000 tournaments this moth 360p 10c, i ll post here how my graphs go , the ROI , and other stats.... So my next post here will be next week.

Good luck all

Old
Sun Oct 20, 2013, 10:18 PM
(#12)
The challenge is over but unfortunately the wrong way. 21 day of playing , and the bankroll was evrytime at my deposit 25$... i was most up to 36$ and evrytime after that when i was close to the final tables , there were some crashing , there was always something that dont let you win. So i had downswing down to 20$ then up and down again .. so after a lot touranemnts played i notice bankroll is still 25$ o.O i reviewed all my hands to see whats wrong and the funny thing was that there was nothing wrong with my play ... If in All in aces or kings should hold more then 60 time out of 100 in my case that was totaly the other way i was losing 80% of the time and wining 20% only.
Also they were other weird and funny statististic when i was better and the % of time i lose. I would understand that is a varience if this happen in 100-200 tournaments but in 1000-2000 naaah...
I'm kind a disapointed from online poker , its obviously fishes have most advantege there , no matter how good you play the software always help them :/ so there s no sense to continiue to the challenge

Bye

Old
Mon Oct 21, 2013, 05:39 AM
(#13)
Since: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manowar1800 View Post
The challenge is over but unfortunately the wrong way. 21 day of playing , and the bankroll was evrytime at my deposit 25$... i was most up to 36$ and evrytime after that when i was close to the final tables , there were some crashing , there was always something that dont let you win. So i had downswing down to 20$ then up and down again .. so after a lot touranemnts played i notice bankroll is still 25$ o.O i reviewed all my hands to see whats wrong and the funny thing was that there was nothing wrong with my play ... If in All in aces or kings should hold more then 60 time out of 100 in my case that was totaly the other way i was losing 80% of the time and wining 20% only.
Also they were other weird and funny statististic when i was better and the % of time i lose. I would understand that is a varience if this happen in 100-200 tournaments but in 1000-2000 naaah...
I'm kind a disapointed from online poker , its obviously fishes have most advantege there , no matter how good you play the software always help them :/ so there s no sense to continiue to the challenge

Bye
Please don't take this in the wrong way, but: LOL!

a) saying that your aces and kings keep getting cracked is meaningless unless backed by some real numbers. Exactly how often did you have these hands over how many hands and how often where they AIPF and how often did they hold? What is the distribution of this info over number of players in the pot?
what is the distribution over table position and stacksize in BB?

b) I play low stakes like you and there is nothing wrong with that but I don't call other players "fish".

Now for some constructive criticism:

You should focus less on your bad beats and coolers and focus on your leaks. you say "there was nothing wrong with my play". Everyone has leaks. Maybe you need to post more hands on the forums.

When I am having difficulties with my game I find it helpful to STOP MULTITABLING Play one or 2 tables only and think about every hand you play and I mean every hand even trivial hands.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com