(#1)
Since: Feb 2013
Villain 40 hands, 18/15/, WWSF:2/6, AF:2

Shove / raise (size?) / call river?
Raise flop?
Raise turn?

So annoyed to this hand.

Pre: Standard
Flop: He donks. He has draw or strong made hand. I should definately raise.
Turn: I should still raise, but now I'm loosing to sets. He would call or raise with full, flush maybe over pair (and over pair he has probably has not). He might lose it and call with AQ.
River: Board did not change. Shove / raise / call?

PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com/

Button ($11.64)
SB ($3.05)
BB ($8.43)
UTG ($4.79)
MP ($7.14)
Hero (CO) ($10.20)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K, A
2 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, 2 folds, BB calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.32) 6, 5, Q (2 players)
BB bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30

Turn: ($0.92) 5 (2 players)
BB bets $0.45, Hero calls $0.45

River: ($1.82) 2 (2 players)
BB bets $1.30

Last edited by braveslice; Tue Oct 01, 2013 at 03:01 PM..

Old
Tue Oct 01, 2013, 09:39 PM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2012
Seems like you know what you should do already.

Raise flop to about 85c, and start barreling.

Turn isn't great, but we should still raise for value. Don't really see him having QQ (as he'd probably 3b pre), and 66 is a small part of his range.

Again, on the river, we could probably raise/fold for value if he jams.

Old
Wed Oct 02, 2013, 04:09 AM
(#3)
river raise / fold - yeah I guess I knew that too. Maybe the call on the river is not really bad.

Just needed to hear that raising is good. I think this went wrong: 1. Usually 90% of player pool is weak or pure bluffing when donking. 2. I got beaten up with sets so bad earlier so I was super scared.

He was 18/15/6 though - so only set part apply. He should have been on sets quite often though. Actually, maybe we can even say that sets are mostly what he has on the flop. In that light, turn and river non-raises are not that a big mistake compared to failing to do a raise on the flop. Most likely that would have ended to raising war against sets with AIs - around 65% equity.

Lesson to learn -> quit playing if you feel uneasy.

Last edited by braveslice; Wed Oct 02, 2013 at 07:13 AM..

Old
Wed Oct 02, 2013, 07:46 AM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi braveslice,

I want to build a pot here so I want to think which street I want to raise on. I think we should be raising the flop where its the most likely street we can get called by TP hands and naked diamonds. It's gonna be hard to get away from this hand because the % of hands that beat us is very small compared to TP+draws and weak flushes type of hands.

Old
Wed Oct 02, 2013, 10:10 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
It's essential to raise the flop here, slow playing costs you so much money in this spot. Also important to note that the villain is not likely to be on a naked draw. Do you see why?

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Oct 02, 2013, 11:28 AM
(#6)
Hi Dave, yes, actually it's something I learned here (ty ArtySmokes), just a while ago, maybe.

I have A and now even the K for the flush.

geoVarta, so you are saying, he is actually doing this with so many more non-set-hands? Not that you are not right

Last edited by braveslice; Wed Oct 02, 2013 at 11:33 AM..

Old
Wed Oct 02, 2013, 11:46 AM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Right! The biggest diamond he can hold is the Jd, and it's not very likely he's making a pot sized semi-bluff with a J high flush draw or worse... not that he can't hold this card, but it won't be a naked draw, it'll be something like QxJd where he's got top pair+the jack. It's so critical to raise the flop here because most of his donking range is a made hand of some sort and now is when he's most likely to give action... a 4th diamond coming off will kill that action. Even if he holds the Jd, it's still only the 3rd nuts on a 4 diamond board. If he's flopped a small flush and is potting it to "protect his hand", then the raise will probably be met with a big reraise and you can get his stack in now drawing dead before another diamond can come to freeze your action.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com