Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

[CL] Bankroll Builder | |

Old
Arrow
[CL] Bankroll Builder | | - Tue Oct 01, 2013, 09:40 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2013
I would like to take part in the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Old
Wed Oct 02, 2013, 02:02 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Oct 02, 2013, 09:56 AM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2010
Hi,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!
NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.
Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basics Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.
So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
hand replay - Thu Oct 03, 2013, 09:03 AM
(#4)

Old
Complete the required steps. - Thu Oct 03, 2013, 09:06 AM
(#5)
Complete the required steps. THx

Old
Thu Oct 03, 2013, 02:06 PM
(#6)
Hi,

Hand Analysis

On this stack depth of 100bb facing such a large sizing and multiple callers and the fact we will be at a positional disadvantage post flop, I'd lean towards folding this hand as there is a good chance we could be either out kicked or slighly dominated by a better range of Qx or better. With so many players involved in the pot our overall hand strength is minimal.

Post flop, we have top pair and the stack to pot ratio is set up perfectly for us to raise all in for value and protection from over cards that may come on future streets. Although bear in mind that there is still several villains left to act behind us, AA KK QQ JJ TT AT KT are certainly within any of the villains range. Unfortunate outcome to this hand, I'm very surprised the villain showed up with 52 as that generally isn't a to be cold calling from the small blind.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Thu Oct 03, 2013, 02:09 PM
(#7)
Excellent!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.
Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game Course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks completed and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Old
Thu Oct 03, 2013, 09:41 PM
(#8)

Old
Fri Oct 04, 2013, 11:38 AM
(#9)
Hi,

Hand Analysis

Even though we are sitting with a stack depth of 100bb which is more than enough to be playing post flop poker, facing a 4x open from the villain in the cutoff our hand will often be an underdog versus most decent holdings. Plus, this hand is going to be flopping equity enough of the time for this to be profitable coupled with the fact we'll be at a positional disadvantage post flop. I'd prefer folding this hand pre-flop in the facing a raise when we are in the blinds.

Post flop, even though the board is paired and we can take card removal into account from the villains range, we would need really specific reads to continue to showdown. The relative hand strength to most board textures at a full ring table are much stronger than a short handed table, we really do not be much of this villains perceived value range (readless) which could consist of QJ KJ AJ JT JJ 99 AA KK QQ TT A9s K9s. I would have check folded on the flop to save bets as our equity is minimal, we'll have to discount all of our club outs as that may make a strong hand for the villain if they are flushing and with several draws present..on future streets we may feel gun shy to call bets.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Fri Oct 04, 2013, 11:40 AM
(#10)
So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
[x] COMPLETE

2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
[ ] INCOMPLETE

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz. >>click here<<
[ ] INCOMPLETE

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks completed and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Last edited by CannonLee; Fri Oct 04, 2013 at 11:42 AM..

Old
List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet - Sat Oct 05, 2013, 09:27 AM
(#11)
to put heavy pressure on oppenents
to bluff oppenents off their decent hand
to get value from our very strong hand
to protect against strong draws

Old
Sun Oct 06, 2013, 04:53 AM
(#12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonLee View Post

3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz. >>click here<<
[ ] INCOMPLETE

Best of Luck!
Hi,

You still have one last thing to do and that is the Cash Game Quiz.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Sun Oct 06, 2013, 05:25 AM
(#13)
Hi Cannon,
THanks for your guide!
Quiz is finished now.

Old
Sun Oct 06, 2013, 06:24 AM
(#14)
Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Old
Wed Oct 09, 2013, 09:32 AM
(#15)
Hi Cannon,
I checked my cashier, and i think I got 11 FPPs now. Could you pls proceed with next round bonus? Thanks.

And I also want to say, today I lose all of my money due to some mistakes. I found I want to play too much and don't have enough patience to wait. Later, I will post the last hand I play.

BRs//Wei

Old
Wed Oct 09, 2013, 09:43 AM
(#16)

Old
Thu Oct 10, 2013, 07:33 AM
(#17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by acceptrisk View Post
Hi Cannon,
I checked my cashier, and i think I got 11 FPPs now. Could you pls proceed with next round bonus? Thanks.

And I also want to say, today I lose all of my money due to some mistakes. I found I want to play too much and don't have enough patience to wait. Later, I will post the last hand I play.

BRs//Wei
Hi,

Your third bonus will be automatically credited to your cashier when you have accrued 10VPPs.

Please note: Any VPPs that where earned prior to the release of your second bonus do not count, ONLY VPPs (10 total) that where earned with the second bonus count towards the third and/or fourth bonus.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Thu Oct 10, 2013, 07:44 AM
(#18)
Hi,

Please post all of the key hands that lost your most recent buy-in. When you have done this, I will analyze all of the hands and instruct you of the next step in you Bank Roll Builder training.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Thu Oct 10, 2013, 08:25 AM
(#19)
ok.

I admit, that, I play too much hands last two days. I should never play most of them.
Self-control is the key.

Last edited by CannonLee; Fri Oct 11, 2013 at 07:57 AM.. Reason: condensing thread

Old
Fri Oct 11, 2013, 10:35 AM
(#20)
Hi,

Hand Analysis

Facing a 4x raise from a play sitting in middle position could be a good indicator of the villans hand strength, generall when players open for a sizing larger than the standard, their range could be weighted towards premiums AK AA KK QQ JJ. I'd proceed with caution post flop even if we happen to flop top pair.

Post flop, we bet for three reasons. 1.) As bluff, to get better hands to fold, 2.) For value, to get weak hands to call, 3.) To collect chips that are not live, usually this depends on the villains tendnecies and known ranges. On the turn, we are giving both opponents over 4 to 1 pot odds to bluff catch with all pocket pairs above 77 and high card floats that may split with us Ax, their stack depth is in the 75bb range which is deep enough to call. If we want to win this pot right here our sizing should be 2/3 pot size..but given villain7 opened for an unorthodox amount..I'd be keen to just check back this flop as we do have some showdown value versus Kx KQ KJs (very narrow range).

Hand Analysis

Sitting on 50bb this is a hand i would fold pre-flop. The huge gap between the queen and five limits the overall playability of our hand and there is also a good chance that we are out kicked by a better range of Qx or slighly dominated by Ax AK AQ AJ Kx KQ KJ etc...

Post flop, what range of hands are we trying to get to fold on such a dry flop and turn by min raising? The only plausible hands that we can represent is A2 and maybe K2s, but taking card removal into account, it's unlikely we have these holdings. We could have flat called 88+ but this board texture isn't scary enough for better to fold given the low texure.With that raise sizing, it's effectively giving the villain 5 to 1 pot odds to bluff catch with high card Ax Kx Qx (which the majority of Qx may have us beat) or they may value check pocket pairs 55 66 77 88 99 TT JJ QQ KK AA

Hand Analysis

A good general rule of thumb when deciding that your hand is playable, is to enter the pot for a raise, 3x the big blind plus 1bb for each limper is a sufficient amount. Although, this hand is not strong enough to be playing from under the gun (first to act), with so many players left behind us to act, there is a very good chance that we are either outkicked by a better range of Qx or dominated by a better hand. With time, experience comes and you'll be quick to realize that the ranges at 9-Max tend to be much tighter and weighted towards decent to strong kickers or premium holdings. Facing a 4x raise, for reasons stated in previous hand analysis, I would fold this hand preflop, their range is going to be much stronger with this sizing.

Post flop, it's a really dry board texture and we have really thin equity let alone marginal showdown value with queen high. It would be best to check fold in this situation, to save bets.

Hand Analysis

Did you have any reads about this villains tendnecies?
I would have opened for the standard amount of 3x the big blind, if the cut off and button's fold, we'll have positional advantage versus the blinds plus the intiative in the pot. Post flop this villains leading range into the pre-flop raiser could mean weakness, however some players may lead with top pair holdings and in some cases flush combos..in it's entirety there are going to be more Tx combos than spade combos in this villains overall range. I'd give the villain the benefit of the doubt and possibly fold on the turn after calling the flop, T8 T9 JT QT KT AT 16 combos of each hand. Side note, given our pot odds on the river we are almost forced to shrug call in this situation.

Hand Analysis

We need in the area of 20 to 1 pot odds for us to profitably set mine (flop three of kind) for our call to profitable in the long run. This is a fit or fold hand, meaning flop three of a kind or some equity to a striaght or fold. Most board textures we will rarely feel comfortable betting this hand for value or calling bets. In this multiway pot, there are just so many hands that may have us beat Kx AK KQ KJ KT K9 K8, Tx AT KT QT JT T9 and some draws to which we are in nearly a 50/50 situation QJ J9cc AJcc AQcc. I'd prefer just check folding to save bets. We can only expect to get called by better, and not much worse will call us here .

Hand Analysis

On the flop what range of hands are you trying to get value from? Villain 9 is entering the pot from early position and calling and under the gun raise..there are going to be several Ax combos in their range AK AQ AJ AT AA KK. This villain is sitting with a full 250bb stack which is an indicator of them being a regular, meaning their range is generally strong. There are not much worse Kx combos that may be in this villains early position range..maybe KTs and that's about it.. I'd prefer continuation betting and folding to a raise on this flop.

Hand Analysis

I would have opened for the standard amount of 3x the big blind plus 1bb for each limper, this will help to ensure an appropriate pot size is built while in turn getting value from weaker hands. When villain1 3bets and villain5 4bets all in we are forced to call of the remaining stack or rather close the action. Post flop the stack to pot ratio is set up perfect for villain1 and there are certainly going to be hands within their cold call 4bet range that can call our bet if we out them to a decision for stacks, QQ JJ TT 99 AK AQ. We could get away with checking on street and betting the turn, but there is already enough money (56bb) in the pot to scoop if we bet..no need to slow play. Also, on the river check fold, we allowed them to catch their 3 outer by slow playing, when the villain checks all streets and bets that scare card given the raising sequence that occured pre-flop..they'll most likely have made a hand.

Hand Analysis

This hand should be considered the top of our range and usually should be opened for a raise. Without specific reads about this villain and no history of their known ranges, I'd most likely fold this hand pre-flop when they re-raise all in. Even though there is going to be some hands that we have dominated AQ AJ ATs there is also going to be hands that we are in a coinflip situation with QQ JJ TT 99, meaning we can expect to win 1/2 of the money we invest. If the villain was playing loose and had a light range, I'd most certainly call the all in as worse Ax Kx or Qx might spazz out.

Hand Analysis

This hand isn't strong enough to be playing from early position and should be folded pre-flop. There are just to many hands that have us beat Kx AK KQ KJ KT KK AA, the villains raise sizing pre-flop si indicative of strength. On the flop, given the pre-flop action, what worse hands can we expect to get value from facing a 4x raise pre-flop and a raise on the flop to 40c?

Hand Analysis

We are facing an early position raise (strong range) and even though we are sitting with a deep stack, this hand isn't going to be flopping strong enough for it to show a profit in the long run and should be folded pre-flop.

Post flop, the board texture is so dry and we have no showdown value for high card coupled with 6 outs minimal equity most of which may not be good outs as over pairs have us beat. There are several hands that beat us here, not just over pairs but high card. I'd check fold on the flop to save bets for a value hand.

Food for thought, It's not about winning the most pots, it's about winning the biggest pots. Focus on playing strong value hands AK AQ AJ KQs QJs JTs AA KK QQ JJ TT 99, even though this is a narrow range and a true grind..at these stakes you can turn the most profit by playing TAG poker (tight aggressive) and those hands will win your biggest pots more frequently guaranteed. It's only until you move up in stakes that you'll have to start widening your range and make appropriate adjustments in other attributes.

This is basic to intermediate with a dash of advanced thought processes in these hand analysis, I'm certain that you will succeed at poker after this Bank Roll Builder training, we all have to start somewhere, so do not be discouraged by losing as a result of playing to many hands (I once did also, and it's good to see that you are getting a foot hold while getting comfortable playing a wide range of hands..it may prove to be helpful when you move up in stakes), it's part of the game.
Bet sizing..bet sizing..raise sizing..raise sizing.

Your third Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 3rd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 4th bonus. Let us know if you hit that target

2) If you lose your 3rd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.

3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Last edited by CannonLee; Fri Oct 11, 2013 at 10:39 AM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com