Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Wed Oct 02, 2013, 11:31 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2013
I want to take part in the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Old
Wed Oct 02, 2013, 12:53 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Oct 02, 2013, 04:17 PM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2011
Hello NoXy4,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

flophitter

Old
Thu Oct 03, 2013, 09:04 AM
(#4)

Here is a replay of hand, watched the movies and passed the test.

Old
Thu Oct 03, 2013, 02:16 PM
(#5)
Hi NoXy4,

Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers!

flophitter

Old
Thu Oct 03, 2013, 03:32 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi NoXy4!

With 77 on the button, I get two limps then a min raise. I have two options here. I can either call and try to setmine or I can make s standard raise. The raise needs to be to between 3X the previous bet (12) and a pot-sized raise (15). I do not want to raise to less than this or I can be giving the opps the correct odds to be in the hand to try to outdraw me... something I want to avoid.

I then get 3 calls and an abnormally large raise to 88. With a very marginal hand, I need to muck to the 4-bet to 88. I also cannot call this bet, as it's putting in over 1/3 of my stack, which means that I'm pot-committed and cannot fold, so I either need to shove or fold. 77, while it is a pair, plays very badly in a multi-way pot, as there will be too many opps with overcards that can hit a higher pair, leaving me with only 2 outs.

When opps 4-bet, I only want to be playing premium hands against them. If I had AA, KK or QQ, then I'd shove, but anything less needs to be mucked as it's too marginal of a hand to play in a hand like this as I want to be getting my chips into the pot when I'm ahead, not when I'm likely behind.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Oct 03, 2013, 04:39 PM
(#7)
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

flophitter

Old
Fri Oct 04, 2013, 10:59 AM
(#8)

played cash,here is the replay.watched the clip and passed the quiz.

Old
Fri Oct 04, 2013, 11:06 AM
(#9)
Opps forgot about the question.Here is the answers
1)to protect against strong draws
2)to gain value form a strong hands
3)for a preasure on opponents

Old
Fri Oct 04, 2013, 02:02 PM
(#10)
Hi NoXy4,

Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers!

flophitter

Old
Fri Oct 04, 2013, 02:21 PM
(#11)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi NoXy4! I'll analyse the hand in post #8.

With 77 UTG, I'd usually fold, as it's hard to make money with this hand out of position. For early positions, you're better off coming in for a raise with a very tight range, like 99+/AQ+, as those hands flop a bit better. You should play especially tight with a short stack, as you won't have the implied odds to play speculative hands like small pairs and suited connectors. As played, you limped in (just called the blind) which is not a great play. The problem with limping is that it doesn't give you an immediate chance to win the pot. With so many players still to act, you're likely to get raised to a price you can't call, so then you would have thrown away 2c for nothing. Good players will attack the weakness shown by limpers. As played, you're fortunate that it only gets bumped up to 6c, so you can call the extra 2bb and go set-mining. Your plan should solely be to hit a set of trips and try and win a big pot, or get out if you miss. You hit the jackpot on the J73 flop and I think you played it perfectly from here. Checking to the pre-flop raiser to allow him to make a continuation bet is the right move. Then you can raise his bet to try and get all in. Luckily, the villain wasn't making a standard c-bet with air. He made top pair, and it seems he overvalued it, because he 3-bet all in on the flop. You can snap call here, because you're only losing to JJ. Villain is drawing almost dead with KJ, so you have a nice double up. Nice hand!

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Oct 05, 2013, 08:52 AM
(#12)
Hello NoXy4,

Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

flophitter

Old
Sun Oct 06, 2013, 02:57 AM
(#13)
i have earned 10VPPs after i got the secound bonus.Awaiting next step

Old
Bankroll Builder - Mon Oct 07, 2013, 01:39 PM
(#14)
Hey
I have earned the 10 VPPs and i have not received the 3rd bonus i am also still waiting for you respons for the next steps.

Old
Mon Oct 07, 2013, 02:40 PM
(#15)
Hi NoXy4,

Sorry, I must have missed your reply yesterday. I don't see your third bonus yet, so I'll check on your VPPs earned and let you know.

flophitter

Old
Mon Oct 07, 2013, 05:41 PM
(#16)
Hi, we're seeing just 4.97 VPPs in total, so since your last bonus it'll be less than that. Are you perhaps confusing VPPs with FPPs? Anyway, keep playing and you'll reach the required VPPs soon enough.

flophitter

Old
Bankroll Builder - Mon Oct 07, 2013, 07:19 PM
(#17)
Finally i got the bonus looking forward for the next step.

Old
Tue Oct 08, 2013, 05:29 AM
(#18)
Congratulations NoXy4!

As you've earned enough VPPs we have awarded you with all your Bankroll Builder buy-ins and you have successfully completed the promotion, good job!

You are always welcome to post any troublesome hands in the >>Hand Analysis<< section.

Also it is a good idea to review some of the content on >>Bankroll Management<< at this point.

Keep in touch with us and let us know how your poker journey continues.

flophitter

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com