Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

100K privileged running deep

Old
100K privileged running deep - Thu Oct 03, 2013, 05:15 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2012
ChromeStar
I've heard of the stop and push and I think this is what the guy done, the flop looked nice for his small pp, he flopped a set or was he on a flush draw?

i think it's pretty obvious we have to fold here, especially as we're pretty deep... it's just bugging me what he had...

Any ideas?

Thanks

Old
Thu Oct 03, 2013, 05:40 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2013
this is not a stop and push.
this is a donk-shove.
without specific reads a donk bet is usually indicative of a weak or vulnerable hand
could be A10+,88+

Old
Thu Oct 03, 2013, 05:43 PM
(#3)
ChromeStar
So near enough what i htought it was....

so a stop n push is when you bet, get called, then shuvv?

Old
Thu Oct 03, 2013, 05:48 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2013
more like you bet preflop, check and call the flop and turn, and shove river

Old
Thu Oct 03, 2013, 05:55 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi BUTTCHIN0707!

With AJ on the button and a limp in front of me, I'm going to make a standard raise, which for this blind level is to 2.5BB+1BB for each limper. Due to this, I will bet 4200.

The villain now donk-shoves a low flop. This bet totally polarizes them. They have a straight, set or nothing. With no read on the opp, this is a very easy fold.

Until the opp has to show one of this type of hand, I'm going to constantly watch for every card that they showdown. Once I see them do this and get called, I can then make a note to use against them in the future.

If I had to guess at what they had, I'd most likely say air (especially in a freeroll) and the bet makes no sense what-so-ever. However, I only have A high with 3rd kicker... so even if I know they have air, I still can't call because I can't beat a bluff.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Oct 03, 2013, 06:10 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TweedleBeetl View Post
could be A10+,88+
I'd rule out the big aces, as those should raise preflop. small/mid pairs, non A broadway cards or connectors would be the range I'd be looking at.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Oct 03, 2013, 07:09 PM
(#7)
ChromeStar
Thanks John!

Perfectly explained

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com