Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

25nl Zoom: River Decision with OP

Old
25nl Zoom: River Decision with OP - Fri Oct 04, 2013, 11:44 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2012
Stats - VPIP: 40, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 1.5, Hands: 5

These types of players NEVER fold to a flop raise on this type of texture hence the huge sizing. Plus it allows me to setup stacks to shove the river if necessary.

So..

What range do you assign the villain, and how do you play the river?

-birdayy

Last edited by birdayy; Fri Oct 04, 2013 at 11:46 AM..

Old
Fri Oct 04, 2013, 01:06 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
BronzeStar
This is a tough one, i think this is never a straight or a FH, because he would have check-raised or 3bet flop, so its either a 3 or busted draws, the 3's that i can imagine he having are 53s, 23s maybe Ac3c.

All the busted draws and the wear line makes me want to call, but don't know normally big bets from recreational players normally means big hand.

Old
Fri Oct 04, 2013, 11:20 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi birdayy,

I'm not sure what type of player "these" are tbh, since we only have 5 hands of data, but given that he's played 2 of them voluntarily for calls preflop, maybe he'll end up loose.

At any rate, I would call him here. His value range that's beating us is 3x, but his value range that he's value owning himself with includes 99-JJ as well, and he can be bluffing a busted draw sometimes. It would seem unlikely he'd have a full house here since 2 pair or sets should be raising before the river, but then again if he does end up being a bad player, they do things that make no sense all the time.

I played a hand similar to this last night actually, vs. a very loose-passive preflop villain, I had KK and he tabled QQ which he no doubt thought was good. So yeah, unpredictable, line that makes no sense and possibly bad = call here for me.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Oct 05, 2013, 12:42 AM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
Hi birdayy,

I'm not sure what type of player "these" are tbh, since we only have 5 hands of data, but given that he's played 2 of them voluntarily for calls preflop, maybe he'll end up loose.

At any rate, I would call him here. His value range that's beating us is 3x, but his value range that he's value owning himself with includes 99-JJ as well, and he can be bluffing a busted draw sometimes. It would seem unlikely he'd have a full house here since 2 pair or sets should be raising before the river, but then again if he does end up being a bad player, they do things that make no sense all the time.

I played a hand similar to this last night actually, vs. a very loose-passive preflop villain, I had KK and he tabled QQ which he no doubt thought was good. So yeah, unpredictable, line that makes no sense and possibly bad = call here for me.
I assumed he was a loose passive fish due to preflop and postflop tendancies.

I also called. I agree his line didn't make sense, and if he has a 3, so be it.

Here's the whole hand:

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com